Home Learning Year by Year

Sweets

• Reviewed on Friday, April 27, 2007
  • Grades Used: K-4th
  • Dates used: 2001-present
I have to add my 2 cents about this book. It is the only reference book on homeschooling that I keep in easy reach and not on the book shelf. It is the first thing I tell people interested in homeschool to buy. It has helped me so much in the past, mainly in referring to it to see if my children are on target for that grade for what we should be learning, and I like how easy it is to flip through and refer to. The Well Trained Mind for example is a wonderful book, but it is definitely not an easy book to quickly look up information. This book was recommended to me by a veteral homeschooler and I happily pass along the recommendation to others.

JayKay

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 25, 2007
  • Grades Used: Preschool to present (4th)..
  • Dates used: 2002-present
This is the ONLY homeschool resource book that I keep on hand. I have bought alot and read alot but Rupp's book was the only one I have kept and review on a regular basis.

This books gives you an overview of what student will cover in each particular grade or what you will need to teach to your child....however you want to look at it....The book breaks it down into L Arts, Math, Hist/Geo, Science, For Lang, Art, Music and Healthy/P.E.

Then along with that, resources to use for each subject. Not a complete listing by any means, but you will find the most popular ones...Also included are lots of sites to review. I have had this book for some time and I have noticed that a few sites are no longer available, so I am hoping Rupp comes out with a newer edition soon.

Other than that, this book is really worth the money, I pick it up about ever 2-3 months and just review to see if we are on the right track and what will be around the bend....I will keep this book until the sad day when our homeschool journey ends...

The book is around $14.
Smiles!

Becca

• Reviewed on Wednesday, March 5, 2003
  • Grades Used: Pre K through high school
  • Dates used: past year through current
This book is wonderful. It gives you great curriculum choices for every grade level as well as a review of each. Plus great literature choices to go along with topics. I also have read The Well Trained Mind and this book is comparable to TWTM, but much easier to read and put to use! This is the only homeschool book that I refer to time after time.