Write Source 2000

Robin D

• Reviewed on Saturday, January 27, 2007
  • Dates used: 2007
I am currently using Writers Inc. - the high school version of Write Source 2000 and it has been a great program so far.

One thing I will point out is this program is not one you can just toss to the child and expect them to do it. I believe, in order for it to prove successful, one must guide the child, even older children/teens. The grammar and usage portion is pretty self-explanatory as are the writing assignments at the bottoms of most of the pages in the skillsbook. The writing instruction in the handbook is great to use across other subjects. We use the writing strategies for history paragraphs and will be incorporating these strategies into our literature studies as well.

If followed step by step the writing instruction is very solid. It does take a little planning to use it with other subjects, but it is doable.

Lynn R

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 14, 2007
  • Dates used: 2006
I bought this curriculum thinking it would help my son improve his writing and grammar skills. It has been marginal at best. The handbook is has a liberal bias that I find extremely annoying. But once I realized who the publisher was, I wasn't surprised. We won't be using this curriculum again.

Debbi Dillon

• Reviewed on Wednesday, January 16, 2002
  • Dates used: 2000/2001
I was very dissappoint with this program. I bought the complete program to use with my 6th and 8th grader last year hoping it would help them to learn independantly. WRONG! What they got was lots of busy work and not much learning. The textbook (which you can buy separetly) was a nice resource but not a teaching tool. The workbooks were okay, but better suited to traditional classroom work. My kids didn't learn much from this program and I will not use it again.