Time Travelers Study Series on CD

awatson

• Reviewed on Friday, January 9, 2015
  • Dates used: 2014
This.is our first year homeschooling. Both boys were in public school but just weren't learning or wanting to learn. Since I got Time travelers New World Explorers, its all they talk.about. Its perfect for multiple grade levels and really hands on. I ordered the download version. Its a zip file you download and extract and u have the same resources as on the cd. They love feeling like they are "in the time of the explorers". History is never a bore with this program. Weve also gone to the library and checked out additional books for kids relating to the lesson like "Colombus". I also let my older son-who is quite the inquisitor, research more about the explorer online. They look foward to making things for their.lapbooks and are truly interested in what is being taught...and that is priceless.

Nanouche

• Reviewed on Tuesday, February 25, 2014
  • Grades Used: 4th-6th
  • Dates used: since 2011
This curriculum is amazing! It's a perfect fit for my 2 boys. It's very hands-on and the information is well presented. It comes with a "calendar" of 25 days. We have always taken a lot more than that.

It's great for multi-level teaching. It really makes history of the USA come alive. We have done all of them (from Explorers to WWII). I really wish they would make one for after WWII. The one thing that may be a problem with some is that it requires a lot of prep work for mom.

They now have a new series called Project Passport. It seems to be the same concept, but for world history. At this time, they have 2 out: Middle Ages, Renaissance. We are planning on using theses next school year.