Time4Writing

macfam8

• Reviewed on Tuesday, June 7, 2016
  • Grades Used: 4th, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
  • Dates used: 2013-2016
I have been a homeschooling Mom of 6 children for 23 years. I am constantly reviewing what works, what doesn't and always on the lookout for a better way of accomplishing my goals of helping my children have the most excellent education possible. That being said I have used MANY different writing programs through the years. I discovered Time 4 Writing just a couple of years ago, and have been VERY satisfied with the program. One of my kids was a Sr.in her last two years of HS was able to refine her basic writing skills, her paragraph writing and finally her essay writing with Time 4 Writing. It was a big help in preparing her for College Application essay writing as well as preparing her for the more rigorous writing she has been required to do in college. Another of my children also, in HS, has done the grammar review in the Mechanics course, and completed the paragraph and essay writing courses as well. They have scored very well on their yearly CAT testing in the Language Mechanics and Language Expression sections of the test. My youngest student is finishing Elementary grades, and has enjoyed taking several of their Elementary courses. She LOVES her teachers and has become quite friendly e-mailing them. They are important to her, not JUST in correcting her writing courses, but because she loves them and feels they truly care about her, their instructive comments in her writing she takes to heart.

I love the extra help that I receive as a busy homeschooling Mom on one area of my curriculum that I don't have to worry about. I love that it is something they can do independently on the computer. It is nice for me to know they are getting what they need, receiving expert help and advice and progressing and perfecting the VERY important skill of writing. which is so vital in their college experience.

I would highly recommend the program. They are very professional, very organized, my kids enjoy the computer generated lessons, the assignments that go along with the lessons, and the positive feedback. The administration is very quick to help and respond whenever I've communicated with them on a need or concern.

tiallarising

• Reviewed on Friday, April 29, 2016
  • Grades Used: 2nd-12th
  • Dates used: Summer of 2014
Time4Writing is a great option for homeschool students who need a bit more accountability for turning in work. This curriculum was wonderful for instilling responsibility in the student to do his homework, return the work, and follow up with his assignments! He learned much more about writing and was able to practically apply that knowledge in other areas of writing as well. It was clear and simple in presentation, and stuck with him instead of confusing him as other courses tend to do. I highly recommend Time4Writing!

RoadschoolMom

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 27, 2016
  • Grades Used: Middle
  • Dates used: 2015
As a roadschool mom, being on the road fulltime (we live fulltime in a RV homeschooling while on the road) can make it hard to get a tutor when you need that extra help homeschooling your kids. A while back my middle child was having difficulties with her writing. This was hard for me because I had no problem teaching my oldest, but I myself realize that some subjects can be harder to grasp then others. I figured maybe having someone else present it to her in a different way would make the difference and I was right. I am so glad that I invested in the 8 week course; T4W online teacher led program was just what she needed. It has made a world of difference and it will continue to be the writing curriculum I use for my kids. So, whether you are a roadschool mom like me or a homeschool mom looking for a Great Writing program, I would recommend giving Time4Writing a try ;)

tsmama24

• Reviewed on Tuesday, April 26, 2016
  • Grades Used: Middle School and High School
  • Dates used: 2011-2014
Both of my sons used Time4Writing multiple times throughout middle and high school. Although the courses were only 8 weeks each, I saw big jumps in their skill levels after each one. Funny thing is that I got my degree in writing, but when it came to me teaching and grading their writing assignments, they really balked. There was just something too "personal" about having their mom criticize their writing, I guess. Time4Writing was a good solution to the problem, though, because they have certified writing teachers, but the boys weren't put off by the recommendations they gave. Go figure. I was really pleased overall with the curriculum and was glad they were in 8-week bundles because we could do homeschool writing in short spurts instead of every day like some curriculum seems to require.