Memoria Press Latin

Click for more information about Memoria Press Latin

babiroo

• Reviewed on Sunday, November 2, 2014
  • Grades Used: 8 (First Forms Latin)
  • Dates used: 2014
I don't understand why, but my son LOVES First Forms Latin. It's the subject he wants to start with every day. To me, it looks like day after day of conjugations but he even asked me to see if I could find Latin kids books at the library to help him learn to read it. He wants a Latin bible for Christmas! He now wants to take Latin through High School.

Any program that can do this to a child gets my vote.

C

• Reviewed on Friday, April 18, 2014
  • Grades Used: 6th-8th
  • Dates used: 2009-2011
I was very pleased with Memoria Press's Latin series. I started latin as a middle schooler and the topics were in perfect chunks, with a little bit of grammar, word root history, vocabulary words, memorization in latin, and then a word to conjugate. Some of the questions got a bit redundant, so I skipped a few of each questions in the books. That said, the work was presented in an interesting fashion and helped me to pick up a lot of latin very quickly. I do have to add that this is a Christian program with memorizations from things like the Lord's Prayer (Pater Noster), so if you have a problem with that, this is not the curriculum for you.

sgcarden

• Reviewed on Wednesday, October 31, 2012
  • Grades Used: Latina Christina I - 4th grade
  • Dates used: 2012 (will continue to use)
I took latin for many years, so when we decided to homeschool, I knew Latin would be on the curriculum list. I tried another product that everyone I knew swore by, not to mention all the glowing reviews and it was extremely confusing not only to my daughter, but to me as well. After searching, I came across Memoria Press Latin. I went back and forth about buying it, and finally decided to try it out. I am ever so glad I did. This Latin Program is amazing. Very easy to follow, not to overwhelming. It also teaches Roman history along with it. Everything is laid out very simply and understandably. One thing my daughter loves about it are the Prayers that are learned. Since starting this program, when it comes her turn to say the meal blessing, she now says it in Latin. I have a 4 year old son who also enjoys when we work on Latin. Although I am not 'teaching' him per say, he is picking it up very quickly.

The only problem I had was when I ordered, I was under the impression I was getting everything I needed. However, when it arrived I found that I had to order another book for the history portion of the program.