Winning with Writing

Click for more information about Winning with Writing

hilary1972

• Reviewed on Monday, February 19, 2018
  • Dates used: 2011-2017
I've added reviews for Growing with Grammar and Soaring with Spelling, so I decided that I absolutely need to leave one for Winning with Writing as well. We love this program! I wish I would have had it for my oldest daughter from the beginning, but I'm glad she has it now to teach her how to write properly. The lessons are broken down each week so the students know exactly what to do every day. My girls have learned a lot and feel more confident in their writing abilities.

Romay

• Reviewed on Wednesday, October 28, 2015
  • Grades Used: 2nd through 6th
  • Dates used: 2011-2015
We love Winning With Writing. We started using it at the same time we started using Growing With Grammar. I like how it breaks down the writing assignments into small chunks so my children aren't overwhelmed. It explains the writing process very well and helps my struggling writers.

ciskemama

• Reviewed on Saturday, April 6, 2013
  • Grades Used: 1st and 2nd
  • Dates used: 2012-2013
I started using Growing with Grammar, Soaring with Spelling and Winning with Writing this year. We love the grammar, the spelling... but NOT really the writing. I felt the grammar and writing covered the same things, and the writing was very minimal. I added more writing that went along with the writing lessons they were learning. I just wanted more writing. I will stick with grammar and spelling (GREAT!) but will be searching for a better writing.

julie.brooks

• Reviewed on Saturday, March 30, 2013
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2013
We switched to Winning With Writing in January after tiring of the previous writing program and feeling like there was very little writing in the writing program. My daughter loves the daily assignments in Winning With Writing-she actually looks forward to writing.

I like how the lessons start off with the basic sentence structure, move into identifying and correcting run-on and choppy sentences and then build up to constructing interesting sentences with the thoughtful use of descriptive writing.

We will use Winning With Writing for 3rd grade as well. (Winning With Grammar is also a great program.)