Answers for Preschoolers (Answers in Genesis)

alli1080

• Reviewed on Tuesday, November 1, 2011
  • Grades Used: K3/4
  • Dates used: Current
This is the same as AOP Horizons Preschool. This is a good program, but it does cater to a classroom (multiple kids) setting. That being said, my girl (3.5 yrs) is doing well at it, even if I skip the group activities. It takes us around an hour to an hour and a half a day to complete.

forHim

• Reviewed on Monday, May 23, 2011
  • Grades Used: Preschool
  • Dates used: 2010-2011
This is a great curriculum to start with 3 year olds through 4 year olds. My older four year old got a little bored with the activities at the beginning of the book but I have started jumping around and picking the activities from the end of the book for her and starting at the beginning with my 3 1/2 year old son. I really like that it includes the option for scripture memory in King James version. The parent guide book is excellent with lots of ideas for topics of discussion and science experiments at a preschool level. It starts with the book of Genesis and relates science to the biblical creation of the universe. Starting with Genesis 1:1, then 1:3 with light, air and more (we haven't gotten much further than that). Honestly, we do not do the discussions every day and I plan to use the parent guide for science discussions into Kindergarten with my oldest since many curriculum at this age are very weak on science. I love that they look at science from the perspective of being in awe and thankfulness for what God created. The book is designed to be used 3-5 days per week to make a complete one year curriculum for preschoolers. We don't do that much and will be using it for two years, which makes it an excellent value at only $100 for a complete 3/4 year old curriculum.
It's a little weak on teaching phonics and we are using other methods for that. We have been using Abeka but will switch to Christ Centered Curriculum for Kindergarten.
One of the other many things that I really like about the parent guide is the list of great books to read to your preschooler, we have gotten these at the library and gone on to purchase some of them because of how great they are.
The resource kit provides pictures of the human body, eye ball, they learn basic constellations and a lot more.
It's a little weak on true creative art project ideas for this age; mostly cut, paste and color. I just wanted to add a little plug for "Preschool Art" by MaryAnn Kohl which is a great supplement.