Candy 4Way Phonics

goodtwin

• Reviewed on Monday, December 13, 2010
  • Grades Used: preschool
  • Dates used: 2010
I have been using the Candy 4WAY Phonics Program with my granddaughter. She loves it!

I especially like the program because it builds a child into sounding out words just one step at a time.

It includes readers, but again, children are "built" into the readers, and they are never asked to read a reader where they haven't already learned all the sounds in all the words that are in the reader.

The program itself includes 100 lessons and a reader after every five lessons starting with the second level of the program. It's similar to Phonics Pathways except much more colorful, and a great deal of the sentences rhyme -- so it's fun for a child.

It also includes basic alphabet charts and rhyming flashcards and readers and drill work and rhyming phonogram charts-- all ready to print in color

I have been using the instant download for just $9.97, but I suppose if I didn't know what the letters and blends were supposed to sound like, I would have obtained the CD-Rom program that included the audio of all the lessons.

It’s true that the price is kept down because it’s a printable program, but you only need to print “that day’s” lesson, so you’re getting a $300 program for just pennys a day.

I highly recommend the program. It takes a child all the way from 4 years old through a 4th grade reading level and higher. Their website states that it's "the best phonics bargain in town." I'd say it's probably the best phonics bargain for learning how to read the English language in the world.

I don’t understand how this program is offered for such a small amount, but I am grateful that it is!

Phylis (Texas)