Write At Home

PaulaJo3

• Reviewed on Monday, July 24, 2017
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
I purchased the full year curriculum for 10th grade for my 9th grader who loves to write, but needed more advanced critiquing than I could give.

I was very disappointed. The instructor gave encouraging feedback on her papers, but not a lot of feedback. My daughter quickly realized the instructor really didn't care much about her writing....she became unmotivated.

There was little instruction in the course. I opted to have the instructor email me if assignments were handed in late. This never happened. At one point an assignment was months late, but I was never notified.

This program was not worth my money. At the end of the course, when it was time to buy next year's course, I started getting email about missing assignments. However, I was not notified throughout the year.

Mom5273

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 8, 2015
  • Grades Used: 9th grade
  • Dates used: 2014-2015 school year
We used Write at Home this year for DS's 9th grade. We did the full year program which is a little pricey, but I learned with my older DC (now graduated) that writing is my instruction weakness.

I determined that I needed something that would make writing more of a weekly priority. With Write at Home, DS gets quite a bit of feed back from the instructor, and everything has been returned (on time) with comments, corrections, and suggestions.

nollnotes

• Reviewed on Tuesday, March 31, 2015
  • Dates used: 2012
While our experience was not all bad, I feel there are better courses for less money. The teacher was very friendly and helpful, but there was VERY little actual instruction. My son would get the "lesson" each week that he had to read and then an assignment that he had to write. Often, the two had nothing to do with each other and that frustrated him. I can't speak for all of their courses, but actual writing instruction just wasn't enough for their high price. He would write whatever asked, then would send it in and get it back with corrections. He would then revise it and submit it again. I was hoping for more actual class instruction on HOW to write and then assignments that correlated. Again, everyone was friendly, but we were looking for actual writing instruction and this was not. My daughter took at class from WRITE FOR SUCCESS this year and it is exaclty what we were looking for. There is a class time with writing instruction and assignments that correlate with that class time. Teacher is excellent and friendly and instruction has been top notch. Price is a bit less expensive also.

jackhaydon

• Reviewed on Wednesday, May 23, 2012
  • Dates used: 2011-2012 school year
I used the pay-per-paper program with 3-drafts/reviews for my son's essay writing. I found the coach to be very positive and encouraging in her comments. Each review moved my son closer to a finished product.

We are pleased with the service.