ACE Math

Alyeska

• Reviewed on Monday, April 2, 2012
  • Dates used: 2010-2012
My dd, a math hater, is now a math lover! We tried many different maths and ACE is what works for her. No more math complaints AND she is understanding and retaining!

In 6th grade, I started her where the placement test recommended--half way through 5th grade. She is now working on her 7th grade paces and should be on grade level by the time she starts 8th grade PACES this September.

Many people say that this curriculum is behind a year. I disagree. The lower grades stay with basic memorization. But the upper grades are right on par with other currics I've seen.

Also, my ds is using BJU math and it introduces things that he is just not ready for. People are so anxious to push children to learn more and learn it faster. : ) So once I get through ds's 3rd grade BJU, I will most likely order PACES for him.

kimh1966

• Reviewed on Thursday, March 29, 2012
  • Dates used: 2012
My dd, who is ADHD and in 7th grade, had fallen behind in Math, so I decided to let her help choose her own curriculum. After researching and viewing around 25 different curricula, this is the one she chose. She liked the bright, colorful pages and the fact that it is broken down into 12 small workbooks. We used the ACE online diagnostic test to determine that she needed to start in the 2nd PACE, 5th grade. She is doing FANTASTIC and I no longer have to beg her to do math. She has finished 3 of the paces so far and have scored 96, 98, and 97 on them! What a difference in her scores and attitude since we started this! ACE has been a blessing for us! We also use ACE Science and Social Studies!

heksb

• Reviewed on Wednesday, October 20, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3rd-5th. Alg. I,II, Geometry
  • Dates used: 2009/2010
ACE math moves slow in lower grades so it could be used for struggling students. My dd grade 3 came from Abeka math so we combined grades 3+4 for her this year. This worked out nicely as we.could do the multiplication facts in grade 3 and simultaniously work the division with those facts out of grade 4. My ds is using grade 5 and moving along nicely. It is broken.down so well and shows the steps clearly, with the acception of this hand they use to recall the steps on division...I see no point in it. I also have 2 dds in highschool who have used the Alg I,II and Geometry courses with the DVDs. The dvds are very expensive but have made math so much clearer for one of my.children who needed a multi-sensory approach to help math click. I have nothing but good things to say about the math.we have used through ACE. Just go into knowing that younger grades move very slowly bit by highschool it all gets covered. If you don't want to customize it to your child the way I have then.there is a placement test that your dc.can take to place them.

4cornersmama

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 3, 2010
  • Grades Used: 1st - 3rd
  • Dates used: 2010
ACE math is a full year behind. It may work for some children but if you are switching from another curriculum you need to order a year ahead for your child. ACE truly is a full grade level behind saxon, a beka, oxford sadlier and even the cheap books at wallmart.

Children learn a bible verse with each pace and I it's colorful and fun to look at.

However beware that the company is not friendly on returns and has a glitchy website to boot.

When I went to return the curriculum - ACE - the company will only give a refund if more then $75 is spent. Then there is a minimum of $15 or 20% restocking fee - which ever is higher. So I'm out money and time but hopefully I can help someone else with this review.

The remainder of the courses are not what they claim to be (like science or social studies) but a sad cluster of not even biblical propaganda.