Astronauts to Zippers by Jane Hodges

val_land

• Reviewed on Friday, April 30, 2010
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
I absolutely love this program and very highly recommend it. It is very easy to use and highly effective.

My daughter started using this when she knew most of her letter sounds although the prior knowledge wasn't necessary, now she can read at a 2nd grade level and we have only completed the primary kit. We just started the elementary kit last week.

Your child starts reading right away with the included storybooks - which are very cute.

This is a complete language arts program including: phonemic awareness, phonics, reading comprehension, handwriting, writing composition, spelling, grammar, listening, and following directions.

There is light scripting in the teachers manual, but I don't always use it.

The only place to purchase it at this time is www.singnlearn.org , the author Dr. Jane has given this company the rights to sell the curriculum since she was having difficulty with maintaining her own website.

When I ordered the elementary kit, I recieved a phone call from singnlearn making sure that I had the CD which came with the primary kit (they told me it was Dr. Jane that wanted to make sure I had it.) I was so impressed with their customer service and the dedication from Dr. Jane.

Like I said I love this program, my daughter really likes it and doesn't resist doing the work at all, I only wish it was better known so that is stays around awhile. I completely plan on using this in a few years for my younger daughter who is only 2 at this time.