A Beka Biology

Bec-rockz

• Reviewed on Sunday, July 2, 2017
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
I used this 2 years ago with my then 10th grader. We used the DVD teacher, Miss Stancel. Of all the classes my Dd took throughout high school, she and I both believe this is the one she retained the most from. This is an excellent Biology course. Miss Stancel fully explained every concept, and demonstrated every lab in the DVDs. The text is well written and would do the job just as well teaching Biology, but the DVD lessons really cemented the concepts in my daughter's mind. The DVDs don't just show a teacher standing there lecturing. She used visuals and the students in her class all were part of it. They asked and answered questions, they all did their science projects so we at home could see, and it was as close to being a part of a real life classroom as my Dd could get without actually being IN the classroom.

I would give this course 5 stars. It was an excellent text, and the labs were explained and demonstrated perfectly. The ONLY thing I didn't like is the fact that we aren't allowed to keep the DVDs . Every quarter we had to send them back. For the money we paid, I wish we could have kept them, not "rented" them.

Abeka Academy also had excellent customer service the one time I lost my shipping labels and had to call them. They immediately sent more and were pleasant to deal with on the phone.