In the Hands of a Child

frankiec

• Reviewed on Monday, May 27, 2013
  • Dates used: 2013
This was our first (and probably last) time using lapbooks. I was disappointed in the Constitution lapbook. The projects were reports on different shaped cut and paste. They read a short section of the selected topic then write a very short response and glue the finished "project" onto a folder. There was very little for additional suggested readings or resources to enrich or enhance the selections. I bought it because I don't know much about US government so thought this would be a good way to do it without a textbook. The guide even had typos and referred to the wrong pages. It did not engage my son and he didn't learn much. It felt like busy work.

Leetchmom3

• Reviewed on Saturday, November 14, 2009
  • Grades Used: Pre-K, Kindergarten
  • Dates used: 2009
"In the Hands of A Child" a lapbook provider, has great project packs for unit studies for all different grade levels which they specify with each project pack. Each project culminates with lapbooking all your crafts. I was looking for Arts & Crafts curriculum to use with a Kindergartener (who also has Down Syndrome) and not being a creative person myself I needed help! There are many subjects/units they have that use practical crafts, poems, etc...reproducibles are included so you can use these over and over. At the end of 5 days of crafts on the particular unit, you create a lapbook with a description of how to make one. For the holidays we bought , Five Little Pumpkins,Harvest, Thanksgiving, Winter and Christmas project packs...also they have units like animals, presidents, etc...These project packs are something that can be repeated more than once, used with homeschool co-op groups, playgroups, VBS activities, etc.
www.handsofachild.com
I bought them at discount from Old Schoolhouse's website, www.thehomeschoolmagazine.com