Products of Doorposts

MirandaL_99

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 17, 2010
  • Grades Used: any
  • Dates used: 2009
I purchased for Instruction in Righteousness last year. It was pretty expensive at about $35 and I don't really understand it. I think it would probably be a really great tool for discipline if I could understand, or even remember to pull it out when my children misbehaved. I used it once and searched out the Bible verses to use, I don't even know if my son remembers any of it!! I think for discipline you should purchase "To Train Up A Child" by Michael Perl. It's a little jaw dropping at first and a major wake up call but an awesome book!!

Carolyn

• Reviewed on Monday, May 7, 2001
  • Grades Used: Prek and Up
  • Dates used: 2001
I recommend many products of Doorposts. I use the Service Opportunity chart, the Stewardship Street financial planning, the family circle wheel, If-then Chart, The Brother Offended Chart, THe blessing chart, Go to the Ant chart and the blessings patterns and the book For Instructions in Righteousness.
The charts are simply done in black and white and the children may color them and you can laminate them. My children's behavior and understanding of bible verses has improved as a result of these charts and teachings. My youngest is three yrs and understand the pictures just fine. If you choose not to give spankings you can use the cut outs of the rod/spoon symbolize the minutes of time out for your child. My house is running a lot smoothly and the children and I have learned a lot from the charts. I occasionally have my 11 yr old brother come live with me and he is from an unbelievers home and is considered at risk. His behavior changes phenomenally(sp?) with these chart and for him, he is aware of what the consequences are for his actions beforehand. I highly recommend DoorPosts products.