A Beka Spanish

The Joker

• Reviewed on Tuesday, November 17, 2009
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
I am new to A Beka. And I had the Spanish 1 class and the teacher goes way to fast teaching me the language. I can't keep up! My mom's friend told me that they go WAY to fast with learning Spanish. I have to memorize the Vocab words because she doesn't really go over it. The teacher barely reviews over anything! Before A Beka I was using Switched on School House and I hated it. Now Im wanting to go back to that! Only classes that I like from A Beka is History, Bible, Math, Biology.

americangurl16

• Reviewed on Wednesday, December 27, 2006
  • Dates used: 2006-2007
If you read my review before, please ignore it, Abeka spanish is ummm...not that great. It is repetative to the point of monotony and so you don't learn it when you are bored out of your mind.

Julie Trembley

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 6, 2003
  • Grades Used: High School
  • Dates used: September 2002 - June 2003
I am a college instructor and a Christian School teacher (and a home school mom). I found the Abeka Spanish vocabulary book to be excellent, but the text to be dull and lacking in its ability to explain complex grammatical items. My students didn't like it at all!

Ann Vetter

• Reviewed on Thursday, August 1, 2002
  • Grades Used: Spanish1
  • Dates used: 2001
This was definately not home school friendly. It was very much geared toward classroom use and assumed there was a teacher that knew the language readily available. I resorted to hiring a spanish major in college to tutor my duaghter through it and the spanish major (who spoke fluently) found the curriculum cumbersome and difficult to use.