Teaching Textbooks

shelley jo moyer

• Reviewed on Sunday, March 6, 2011
  • Grades Used: 9-11th
  • Dates used: 2008-2011
I LOVE Teaching Textbooks...
We use the books and the lecture CD's. We used Pre Algerbra, Algerbra, and Geometry. My dd can do this all on her own. And if she gets a few wrong she can go to the CD and watch step by step to see her mistake. When she has a question on a problem and can not get it or the directions do not make sense to her the greatest asset is that she can email the company and ask questions and they have always responded and given more explaination. It might be a bit pricey but, well worth the amount to get me out of teaching high math. Another thing is she in now in Chemistry and is able to follow the math with no problems.

desertdweller

• Reviewed on Saturday, November 13, 2010
  • Grades Used: Geometry 9th-10th
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
I was confused with and hated Geometry in high school and Teaching Textbooks did nothing to clarify or change my opinion. The CD-Rom lessons were long, confusing and boring. My daughter, who hates math, made it through the book but remembered very little.
I couldn't bare the thought of going through this program again with my son and bought Math U See Geometry instead. What a difference! The lessons are short and easy to understand...I'm actually understanding Geometry now.

vickie

• Reviewed on Monday, October 25, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3rd thru Trig/Calc
  • Dates used: three years
I love Teaching Textbooks and I would not recoomend any other math as I have been through so many. I did use Math U See until I noticed that 3rd grade was added to Teaching Textbooks. I have been a home-school mom for about five years. I have one in Algebra 2, one in Alegebra 1 and my 3rd grade son. Again, since they at this point start at 3rd grade, I would recommend Math U See for the first few years and even if they start younger years, I might be inclined to stay with Math U See for at least K thru 2 because I do think it was good. Teaching Textbooks, have removed all of my concerns about my older children. My older two started on Abeka in Christian School but when we changed, I tried Saxon and just didn't like it. We went back to Abeka until I found Teaching Textbooks and we sing the praises to everyone. It is hands down a great program for all grades. We still use some of Math U See concepts for our youngest but where we gained was Geomtry at an early age. Though I would say at 3rd grade, I do miss some of Math U See. Still, since I know this is what we plan to use as it growns more difficult and my son likes it better, were staying with it from 3rd on. The older two have moved through their work and are my daughter is further ahead. I love the ease of the answers being corrected in the third grade on the spot. The older two insert a different disc to get the answers but of course the solutions disks helps them right along. Just amazing even though some find it so expensive, we don't mind.