Angelicum Academy

LaudateDominum7

• Reviewed on Tuesday, July 19, 2016
  • Grades Used: N-college
  • Dates used: 2014-2015
The Great Books Academy is hands down the most academic homeschool program out there. No problems here with orders or delays. Don't let a couple of negative reviews on shipping keep you from finding out for yourself how excellent this program is. They have 24/7 answering and have been around for 17 years, growing each year. But what is important is their Great Books program. Their founders knew Mortimer Adler personally and follow his advice to teach teen minds the Great Books, when they most influence them for good. Very highly recommended.

mamateach1

• Reviewed on Friday, July 1, 2016
  • Dates used: 2012-16
Loved this program!! Not only did I receive a great education and get to know the incredible GB moderators, but I also got over a year in college credits at a state university out of it! Shout out to Mr. B!

Malasmom

• Reviewed on Friday, April 22, 2016
  • Grades Used: Nursery
  • Dates used: 2016
I give this Curriculum 0-1 stars. THis is NOT devised by people who know anything about how children learn best, or who know appropriate materials for various ages/grade levels at ALL. Angelicum expects my Nursery level child to listen to 300 -400 pg books that have no colorful pictures! This is ridiculous. They also do not give you your money back on enrollment fees. I did not experience any threats (as other parents did) from Angelicum, but this is NOT a curriculum devised by people who know how children learn!

gina rae

• Reviewed on Monday, February 8, 2016
  • Grades Used: 9th and 11th
  • Dates used: 2015
As a seasoned homeschooler, I'm frankly embarrassed that I fell for the old "something different and expensive must be better than what I've used in the past" temptation.

Their customer service was great - before I bought the program. After that it took them weeks to respond either to my children or to me. The online chats that my kids attended were very poorly moderated. A kid or two took over much of the class time and the teacher didn't take control. Check the really fine print on their website (not easy to find - just try to search on "refund" or "return" and no search results come up) and you'll see that there is no way to recoup your wasted money.

If you should happen to infer that you will tell your homeschooling friends about your experience with them, they will threaten to sue you. Lovely.

In my humble opinion - save your money and RUN from this group.