Hands On Essays

tara3437

• Reviewed on Monday, November 15, 2010
  • Dates used: not yet
Can someone tell me where to buy this... I've checked my normal suppliers and they don't carry it. Thanks!!
Okay, I found it for sale on their website. Now I just would like to know what is the difference between the original and the new version... beside 30 dollars? ;)

Keniki

• Reviewed on Wednesday, March 31, 2010
  • Grades Used: Middle school
  • Dates used: Spring 2010
Hands-On Essays wins my award for “Greatest Find of the Year”. People who know me would say that I am very hard to please. Bonita Lillie has done it! Her program, Hands-On Essays, is easy to use, appealing to the student, and very comprehensive.

With Hands-On Essays you receive one DVD and one spiral-bound book. Watch the lesson on dvd, read the corresponding lesson and samples in the book, and do the assignment. It's that easy. Lessons 1-6 can often be done in one day each. Struggling learners may need more. From lesson 7 on you may want to take anywhere from 2 days to a week (or more) each depending on your writer. Making life easier for the teacher, Bonita has included writing ideas, resources for research topics, a proofreading checklist, and evaluation help. She even teaches the main part of the lesson for you on the DVD, and she's very “teen“ friendly.

Hands-On Essays covers:

Developing Your Writing Style
Understanding Prompts
Timed Writing
The Wrap Up

The website is helpful, too, including a sample video, a sample lesson, and a section of Frequently Asked Questions.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for your middle school or high school student!