Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum

momofangels

• Reviewed on Tuesday, October 25, 2016
  • Dates used: 2016
After a doubtful decision to use paradigm for my dd 10th grade Enlgish, My insecurity in using program has been put to rest...

The English courses build on each other so we used the English Grammar skills as a quick brush up on mechanics and grammar skills. Then continued to English composition skills.

The program has been a real blessing, The life principles included in every lesson have been a motivator for my student. Also they way the material is presented where all the lesson is like a unit... The English grammar skills, vocabulary and Writing revolves around the narrative read with in every lesson. The essays are presented as whole meaning They present the entire essay written then it gets dissected and corrected. All the time the student works independently, but the parent can see how the student is comprehending materials when the quizzes are taken every 5 lessons.

I do add a writing program and literature to cover basis.....

hope this helps some one!

UPDATE:My Student has LOVED this method of learning so much that she has gone from opening her text book because she needed to devouring a PAC booklet with enthusiasm. She has now began English 3 Writing Skills. It follows same format as other PAC courses. Which I describe as a mini-unit. The skills taught in course are College Prep..I was amazed to see students taught on how to write historical fiction, Resume, Vignettes,paragraph to Essay and guided through Research report. All this is done using a modeling writing to guide students learning; by this I mean they present an essay or(whatever) and student study the whole work they start to complete their own writing.
MY Student loved this so much that she will request to add other PAC courses. so we have done American HIstory (Amazing writing Style) and Integrated physics and Chemistry. Also, my student will round out her highschool English with PAC last english course ; English IV.
WE do add American and British Literature to give student a well rounded education.

UPDATE:
After using several PAC courses for a little more than a year, Our homeschool atmosphere has drastically changed..
My students MOTIVATION to do and be their best is always reignited in almost every lesson!!!
OUR home learning atmosphere has changed to cooperation, diligence and righteousness!!

American History:
We have used other history courses (textbooks ABEka, bju, others) that were good, but PAC American History is full of facts and interesting information that reads like a wonderful Story!! My students delight in reading history together and discussing what they have read through out the day and they apply what they are learning in conversations with others!!

IPC:

Wonderful approach to science that allures the reader and keeps them coming back to read more and more!!
Again, my students do this class for the pleasure of learning, NO Hassle for mom to ask them to "do your Science"!! YAY!

PAC is literally an answer prayer for this homeschooling family, that was praying to find curriculum that would Instruct, Inspire and Educate!!

mommyof2dds

• Reviewed on Thursday, September 8, 2016
  • Grades Used: 8th & 9th
  • Dates used: Fall 2016
We have only used this curriculum for a month but absolutely love it!!! We are using the World Geography books and the 7th & 8th grade sciences. The kids read the text and then answer questions about it. They check their answers afterwards and correct mistakes. There is a lot of reading which is great but it is in smaller chunks and very doable. They have a quiz after 5 lessons. If they get an 85 (mine have to get a 90) or above, they do not have to take the chapter test. This is not considered a Christian curriculum because they want public schools to be able to purchase it but it has Christian values and undertones all throughout. There are "life principles" they have to memorize which are great also. This is our 10th year of homeschooling and this is one of the best I have found for us...as of now anyhow!

mommasquilts

• Reviewed on Thursday, August 14, 2014
  • Grades Used: 7th,9th,10th,11th
  • Dates used: 2012-2014
I first saw Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum at a homeschool conference. On initial review it appeared to be way too basic, especially the science. However, after being overwhelmed by Apologia, my kids were enthusiastic about PAC and said, "this looks like something we can do!" We had been doing an ecclectic Charlotte Mason style curriculum and found it to be very Mom Intensive. My daughter would do everything assigned, but my son would get sidetracked and never finish anything or be able to remember anything. Reluctantly I agreed for them to use PAC for their freshman year. I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a try as there was still time to change if it was not a good fit.

What I saw happen was nothing short of amazing! They loved it and found that the material was presented in an easy to understand way that they could find success with. They were rewarded with good grades and did not drag out their work all day. They found that they had time for other pursuits and were just generally happier. In the fall of 2013, they decided to kick up their speed a couple notches and finished their sophomore year by Christmas!! They were halfway through their junior year before we took a summer break. We also added science to my 7th graders classes and found that he preferred to do is before all other classes. He has dyslexia and used the audio enhanced version read the text to him while he followed along. We used an iPad to do this. It worked beautifully.

We are excited to start a new year and tell anyone who will listen about the quality, do-ability, and success we are enjoying with Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum.

2cool4school

• Reviewed on Friday, October 11, 2013
  • Grades Used: 9-12th
  • Dates used: 2009-2012
Paradigm Accelerated Curriculum is available in three formats - print, virtual (internet interactive), and audio-enhanced. Each course contains approximately 5 or 6 individual chapters of text and activities (6 Chapters = 1 credit). Each chapter consists of fifteen lessons, divided into three sections of five lessons. Every lessons is 4-5 pages in length. A Life Principle is included at the end of each lesson to strengthen the character of the student.

PAC is unique in the fact that it is a virtue-based curriculum used in home, private, charter, AND public schools. Based on the concept of individualized learning, students may complete studies as rapidly as desired or as slowly as needed with minimal teacher oversight.

The company also offers an impressive amount of discounts including homeschool support groups, single parents, military, law enforcement, ministry, ranching, and farming.