Quality Science Labs

jharler

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 13, 2014
  • Grades Used: 11th-12th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
I’ll just start by saying that Quality Science Lab’s Physics Lab Kit gets a definite five stars from me. As a home schooled student I don’t have access to a real lab classroom. I had been getting through the textbook and problem solving part of physics just fine, but I was missing out on the equally important lab portion of the curriculum.
This kit has provided everything I need and more to give me a thorough understanding of physics. With over thirty labs to do there is lab work for every physics principle you’ll find in a typical textbook.
All materials listed were included in the box as advertised, and there really are some quality materials. I was particularly impressed by the lens and mirror set, and all the electrical components (including a seven function digital multimeter) that allow you to build and test your own circuits. The lab manual is well written and easy to follow, and each lab exercise includes a brief lesson on the principle being demonstrated.
I had already been enjoying physics, but with this kit I truly look forward to each new lesson. This kit is a great value, especially considering all the materials included and the educational benefit it’s worth every cent, and I definitely recommend it to any home schooler taking physics.

Julie Riddle

• Reviewed on Saturday, March 22, 2014
  • Dates used: 2005- present (not continually)
My students and I both enjoyed performing the MicroChem Labs used along side the Apologia Chemistry Course. I found the labs to provide a nice bridge between regular high school labs and what students would experience at the college level in a 1st semester of chemistry. Having the chemicals pre-made in wonderful bottles with droppers built in was a huge seller for me as a teacher. All the information in the lab book was an added bonus so really help correlate the material from the text to the MicroChem Labs. I would highly recommend using these in conjunction with a high school science curriculum.

The customer service has been amazing. I ordered my original kits 8 years ago after a lengthy conversation with a Quality Science Lab representative, who answered every question I had. Then a few days ago, I needed replacement chemicals and John helped me order everything that I needed. The chemicals/supplies were shipped quickly. It was wonderful...thank you John!

The initial investment is worth it! If you have any questions, please contact Quality Science Labs, they will help you!

Education Matter

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 27, 2014
  • Grades Used: 10-12th
  • Dates used: 2011-2014
I would like to recommend Quality Science Labs, LLC as a source for lab kits. My homeschooled teenagers use the Advanced Micro Chem Kit for an online AP Chemistry course. The kit is easy to use and all the necessary ingredients are included, excluding a few basic household ingredients nearly everyone would already have on hand. What stood out to me the most about Quality Science Labs, LLC was the excellent customer service. I have contacted Brian twice about various items and reorders and he has done beyond what I expected to help me.

jennthmg

• Reviewed on Wednesday, February 26, 2014
  • Grades Used: 8th - 10th
  • Dates used: 2011-2012
We bought the MicroChem Classroom Kit with the Organic Chemistry Supplement. We had 10 high school students from 5 families who were going to have one of the moms teach the Chemistry lab portion. Pairing the girls up and buying extra gloves, aprons and goggles, there was enough chemicals for each lab pair to do each experiment once (I think the kit has enough to do each experiment 4 or so times for one child).

As summer was turning into fall, there was an emergency with the mom who was going to do the teaching and I had to step in. My only background in Chemistry was 2 years of high school Chemistry 20 years ago (and I didn’t do so well in 2nd year). I was scared.

The Chemistry kit was VERY easy to use. The experiments were well-laid out with easy to follow directions. I did find the math for balancing the equations a little difficult to explain to the students (some of whom were obviously smarter than I am), but overall was sooo appreciative of the kit that walked me through every step. I would definitely use the kit again with subsequent children! It was WELL worth the money!