Alpha Omega Horizons Penmanship

gracereceiver97

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 27, 2013
  • Grades Used: 1st-5th
  • Dates used: 2007-2013
I have used Horizons Penmanship for both of my children, beginning in first grade. It is the only penmanship program I use, other than the handwriting lessons in the Lifepac paces. My children have learned to print and write in cursive very nicely, and I appreciate that Horizons has the student writing/learning Bible verses in addition to learning how to write legibly.

Cursive writing begins at the end of second grade. In fifth grade the student writes Presidential speeches in cursive.

Cursive writing IS fading out of our society, but I personally feel it is still a valuable skill to learn. The important documents of our country are written in cursive, and I feel that we should know how to at least read in that form of writing.

loesje22000

• Reviewed on Tuesday, January 27, 2009
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
Here in Europe my daughter learned cursive writing in 1st grade. But after learning all the letters and their Capitals, we don't have any penmanship programs to continue the practicing like this way. I didn't have the TM, so i'm not sure i use the program complete correct, but it seems good to me.

You've copywork from cursive, from printing en writing from dictation. We used our own font, that already was known.
In this book al the writingexcercise is about Jesus and his Parables.It starts with sentences and end with the parables.
That can be boring if you hear the stories over and over again, but English is a foreign language to us, so it sounds all new (altough we know the stories in our own language).

The workbook contains 160 lessons what is a lot for European standards (for this subject). So I will work with the book more than one year :-) also because the distance between the lining becomes very small at the end, en my child is too young for that.