The Learning Box Preschool

usfolkes

• Reviewed on Tuesday, September 20, 2011
  • Grades Used: pre k
  • Dates used: September
Ok... I have to say that this has absolutely been the solution to our home school problems so far. I work, have a highly active 7 year old who requires a lot of one on one time for school and a one year old. I had purchased several books and activities to do with my 4 year old. There was just not enough time to lesson plan and gather materials. We never got anything done. We were either hitting workbooks endlessly or doing a craft that did not relate to anything. THIS has literally EVERYTHING. There is no hunting for yarn or cotton balls or even q-tips. There are lots of crafts done each day that are creatively strengthening his fine motor skills. I now have an entire wall of art that he has completed and we have only done 8 days.

I did purchase the 3 day program because I knew that realistically what would take someone 1 day to complete will most likely take me two. That has worked well. A few of the lessons are also a little long so being able to divide the days is nice.

My only issue ,which really isn't an issue, is that the teachers books are legal paper sized and don't store easily for me. But that is my issue not the program's.

SOOOO worth the money at approx 28.00 a month. You literally need markers paint, glue, scissors, pencils and the child! that is IT! Everything else is there!

tsmith

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 25, 2010
  • Grades Used: daycare center
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
A lot of paper. Very expensive for what you get. Ok program but not high enough quality in the materials. I felt like it was all worksheets. For the price there are much better program available.

jrobbins

• Reviewed on Tuesday, April 13, 2010
  • Grades Used: pre school-home based day care
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
We have really enjoyed the learning box program. I was able to use the curriculum with different ages of children from 2-5. My first grade son even joined in with us evry day. The material did include everything needed each day, and it was very well organized. The material is all sorted out for each day. All you have to do is grab the bag with that days activities in it. What I really liked about it was that there were activities for all different levels of children. A lot of the activities were pre cut so there was no cutting to do; however, there were enough cutting activities that the 3-5 year olds got a lot of practice. We did a lot of painting, coloring, cutting, etc. and the kids never got tired of school. When I had to contact the company for differnt reasons, they were very quick to respond and very curtious. I had considered trying a different company next year just for the variety; however, after reading different reviews I have decided that I need to stick with something that is working very well.

AmBe

• Reviewed on Friday, January 22, 2010
  • Grades Used: Preschol-Home Daycare
  • Dates used: 2009-2009
This preschool package included all materials needed as promised. They provided a well rounded curriculum including science and social studies, not just prereading and math skill builders. This past year I tried a different company and it was a mistake. I will be going back to The Learning Box for good.