History Scribe from Westvon publishing

heavenlyhoney

• Reviewed on Sunday, September 4, 2011
  • Grades Used: elementary
  • Dates used: 2010-2011
I agree with the previous review. These are a fun, inexpensive addition to a history program but wouldn't be enough by themselves. My boys love to draw pictures of what we are learning in history and they make a nice addition to our history notebooks.

lisam5305

• Reviewed on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
  • Dates used: currently using (2009)
These are neat little pages. I downloaded mine at deep discount at currclick.com. They resemble the Draw Write Now pages but without the drawing instructions. You read the blurb then your student writes what they want and draws what they want (or, at times, we just print out an image from the web and glue it on). I only use these now and then to supplement our history studies. I can't imagine using something like this as a standalone curriculum. My main gripe is the type-o's. When you have only got one small paragraph per page, type-o's are just unacceptable. And what about the parent who let's the child copy the paragraph for handwriting practice? Great way to teach the child to misspell words. The parent would not know any better unless they really look at each page before handing it out. This is so unacceptable and should be remediated by Westvon. I wouldn't buy these pages unless I had gotten them so cheap, and they're not anything life-changing, but they are a neat little supplement to use now and then.