The Master Planner from Westvon publishing

nancherrow

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 5, 2008
  • Grades Used: PK, 1,3,4
  • Dates used: 2008
I just got this last week after paying the $10.00 to have the file sent to me. I will say that the price is right, but I still don't think it's worth the money. Here's why:
Pros: cheap, delivered immediately, a lot of forms for hsing recordkeeping and household stuff like chore sheets, budget, unit study plan sheets, spelling tests, blank timelines, etc.
Cons: out of date forms, like calendars going back to 2004; forms I will never use like chore sheet for one child, hourly log, calendars from 2004 (oops-already said that); it's a pain to figure out which forms, and how many to take to Staples and pay to have it bound into a yearly recordkeeping book (which is what they recommend you do). Why do I need a spelling test form? I can easily use a blank sheet of paper for that! It's just easier to buy a $12 planner every year; Many of the forms included are available for free on websites like donnayoung.org.

Conclusion: If you're so curious that you just can't stand it then spend the $10 to satisfy yourself. Otherwise forms like these can be downloaded for free elsewhere or else simply created by any mom with a computer. After receiving and looking at the file I went and ordered a different planner anyway. I will stilll use some of the forms since they're on my computer, but many of them will never be printed out.

3littlemonkeys

• Reviewed on Thursday, May 29, 2008
  • Grades Used: k-3
  • Dates used: 2006- present
The Master Planner is actually a download or CD that contains many printable planning and recording sheets to use in your homeschool.

There are lots of printable available from a calendar-supplies lists. Lesson planning forms, recording forms for science and things.

They are great sheets and what you get is definitely worth the small price tag.