Lively Latin

otchee

• Reviewed on Wednesday, May 1, 2013
  • Grades Used: k - 5
  • Dates used: April 2013
I purchased this curriculum because it seems perfect for my kids. We were all excited and immediately went to download the pages and get started. We discovered that once you purchase it you must have an enrollment key to use it. Makes sense. Unfortunately, one was never sent to us. When we tried to contact the company all there is is an invalid email address on the site. So after much frustration, I am out the money and still without curriculum. Sad really, it sounded like a great curriculum.

plate

• Reviewed on Monday, June 16, 2008
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
My daughter and I really like Lively Latin by Catherine Drown. It's not just root words and grammar - boring, but necessary stuff. There are also lessons and readings about mythology and ancient history. There are also worksheets to complete as well as flashcards to study. The worksheets are as engaging as worksheets can be. You also receive a membership to "Study with the Magistra" online where there are fun games to help with memorization - hangman, battleship, etc. There will be fun-sounding projects in the future to complete, but the author hasn't gotten those up on the web site at this time.

My dd likes the fact that it's not just the same old thing every time. One lesson you might do a reading and complete a worksheet. Another lesson might just include vocabulary words. One lesson you might draw a picture and write a few sentences in Your Own Book of Latin.

I need to mention that this is a download and print book. Most of it's not color intensive, but you do need to print some pages in color. Still, it's a great program.