Language Lesson Series (Sandi Queen)

Texas Cowgirl

• Reviewed on Monday, April 2, 2012
  • Grades Used: Elementary & Middle
  • Dates used: 2007 & 2012
If you are interested in teaching with a CM approach, you would enjoy these delightful workbooks. They are a great way to study English using her ideas if you don't have enough of a "feel" for the way to do it on your own.
That said, MUCH of the lesson will be what YOU as a teacher want to bring to it to help your child stretch and grow in a direction you would like to help facilitate. For example, when doing copywork, you may notice your child needs to focus on capitalization. While going over the lesson YOU would point out proper capitalization while discussing the copywork. The lesson isn't clearly written out for you. You determine how to use what is offered there.
The pictures are lovely and will offer your child a chance to develop their story telling skills. The poems will make you smile. They are on topics of interest to children.
If you are looking for a workbook with very clear goals set about for each lesson, this is not the program for you. Also, if you, as a teacher, need a lot of direction, this will not be the program for you.

happy.homeschool

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 2, 2011
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2010
I had bought Language Lessons for Little Ones volume 1 and was quite disappointed. It's a fairly thin book and the pages are only printed on one side. But the blank side of each page is still numbered, which makes you feel that you really aren't getting as many pages as they say you are. I think that is strange and deceiving and I really don't understand that. I don't know how you could do one lesson per day of this. The first day we did 15 lessons in only 15 minutes, not including the time my daughter took to draw a caterpillar and butterfly for lesson 13. Some lessons just take seconds to complete, such as lesson 5 where you copy the 2 upper case A's and the 2 lower case a's. Lesson 6 is find the A's in a group of 9 letters (there are 5 a's). There are 180 lessons and 11 pictures. I actually got it mainly for the picture study. I do really like the pictures and the questions for each picture. I ended up just finishing the rest of the book by doing just the picture study/questions. I think that the price is quite expensive for what you get.

Tonia Isch

• Reviewed on Thursday, November 4, 2010
  • Grades Used: 2nd-7th
  • Dates used: 2007-2010
My kids and I love Sandi Queen's home school material! We use her Language Lessons, Copy Work, Spelling with Copy work, and her Living Books for Science and History along with her study guides. I love the Charlotte Mason philosophy for education and Sandi Queen makes it so easy to use. We do add Easy Grammar and some more writing to our day. We will definitely continue to use the Queen's materials and are very thankful that God has blessed her with a gift of putting together such wonderful curriculum!

TraceyAbel

• Reviewed on Thursday, October 21, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3rd - 5th
  • Dates used: 2010
My kids love this program! I love this program!

After the tears and constant frustration we had using the Sonlight, Language Lessons has been such a blessing. We are using Language Lessons for the Elementary Child 1 & 2, the lessons are short and nonconfrontational and allow my children to suceed in their given task everytime. My kids actually beg me to allow them to do just one more lesson!

We will be continuing on with Language Lesson, however I will be adding a formal writing program and some editing workbooks for my older child.

If you have kids who hate Language Arts, then you should try this program.