Hands of a Child lap book unit studies

slsmith

• Reviewed on Wednesday, February 15, 2017
  • Dates used: 2017
We received a copy of the Note Pack called Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! (http://www.handsofachild.com/review/product/list/id/149/) for the purpose of reviewing it. My fifth-grade son completed the note pack and said that it was “fine.” While he could have done most of the work in one day, we split it up into several days. He learned about different ways to take care of our garbage. He came up with creative ways to reuse jars and other trash. While learning about recycling, we discussed the downfalls of our local waste management system’s plastic recycling, which only accepts types 1 and 2.
My son found the reading guide to be enjoyable, but he would have appreciated less writing. I feel that the amount of writing was fine for his age and learning level. He does not want to do the cutting and pasting involved with a lapbook, so writing is the only option available, other than a type-it-in unit. I feel that this Note Pack is a perfect short unit to fill up science for a week.
Thank you to In the Hands of a Child (http://www.handsofachild.com) for the unit, as well as for the many, many more units that I have purchased over the years. My children learned a lot from your products.

sharilynn29

• Reviewed on Tuesday, February 14, 2012
  • Grades Used: 2nd-8th
  • Dates used: 2007-2012
My family loves HOAC lapbooks. We especially like the history lapbooks. I can often combine my children who are 6 years apart. We do this by focusing on different aspects of learning for each child. My 2nd grader focuses on copywork, handwriting, spelling, creativity in lapbooks, and basic history concepts. My 8th grader works on learning in depth history while having the fun aspect of lapbooking. I used to purchase the actual lapbooking products, but now I just buy the ebooks. I purchased a box of file folders, colored paper, and brads. This way we always have everything on hand. I just print up what I need for the day.

AprilTX

• Reviewed on Monday, April 20, 2009
  • Grades Used: K and 4th
  • Dates used: 2008-2009
I am so happy to have found HOAC! I originally downloaded one of their freebies and from then on we were hooked! My girls have done Christmas, Volcano's, Chocolate, and are working on a ocean theme. If you plan on using these I suggest trying out the super membership. You get a free unit/lapbook every month, discounts, and other freebies.