Purposeful Design Science

blengel

• Reviewed on Wednesday, September 10, 2008
  • Dates used: 2008
When I received the preview packet for this Science curriculum, I was very excited. When I got the real product though, I was completely disappointed. The information presented is good, but there are no Bible verses in the book and God is hardly mentioned. When I called the company to return the book, they asked me to speak to an editor about my concerns. I was told that they present the material from a Christian view, but they choose not to mention God much or put verses on the pages for 4th-6th grades. The teacher can mention God if they want to from the lesson plans-but that isn't suggested often. Their Spelling and Math have much more included from the Bible in them. It feels empty to teach Science without God, especially in an entire unit about the Design of Life and other topics where He should be included. Vocabulary boxes on each page are helpful. Pages are very busy with pictures and illustrations surrounding the text. It is hard to focus on the writing section. Each lesson is only two pages long. There are new vocabulary words every day. I immediately searched for a new curriculum. This is not for us.