Auralog Tell Me More

titianmom

• Reviewed on Monday, July 13, 2009
  • Grades Used: Middle School
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
I'll probably be using Tell Me More this fall, and I'll tell you why.

I had a very old version of Rosetta Stone that was sold to me by Rosetta stone, not another vender, and it was sold to me as a Homeschool version.

Well, it doesn't have the grammar that is nec for HS credit in the language. So I, naturally, put it on eBay to sell and BSA (Business Software Assoc) made eBay jerk my listing and said I was violating some copyright/licensing blah blah blah.

I checked my software and there was nothing on it--no agreement that I checked that said I couldn't sell it. I called Rosetta myself and they said, "Sorry, you can't sell it. Doesn't matter how old it is."

I thought this was pretty insane. We're talking about software that's 9 years old, for crying out loud.

I called Tell Me More and was informed that, yes, you can sell it once you're done with the program, with the stipulation that you remove it from your machine at home. Makes sense to me.

SO, all of those folks out there selling their old RS software are doing it illegally.

If you want to sleep at night with a clean conscience, buy Tell Me More, instead. It's less expensive and it works. And you can resell it.

Kim

LisaM

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 19, 2009
  • Grades Used: middle school
  • Dates used: 2008-2009
This curriculum is just awful. We were okay with Rosetta Stone. We are quite computer literate. But we could not get it to work for us. The best we got was a screen that showed a picture and gave 3 complex sentences. The top said to listen to each statement clearly before answering. But there was nothing to answer, no place to even guess an answer. It was awful! I have never in my life seen such a horrible user-unfriendly curriculum. I did try to call customer service but ended up speaking to people who also had no clue how the program was supposed to work. I was also transferred to 2 different mailboxes where I left messages and never heard back.

I highly recommend NOT wasting money, time, or energy on this program. Even if our program simply was working incorrectly, not like we could get it corrected with the complete and total lack of customer service. If the program was working correctly, then I cannot see how anyone would ever learn even one word off of this. It is a joke and a waste.

I need to add, I just saw tonight where a rep from Tell Me More is responding to my review of this program. That just makes it all worse. I find it disturbing that the publisher of a program is posting to reviews of his own curriculum. Makes me wonder if the good reviews that are actually here were posted by the publisher. Everyone I have spoken to, except one person, who has tried this program really has not been able to get it to work for them.

darlene

• Reviewed on Monday, February 11, 2008
  • Dates used: since September 07
I ended picking up TELL ME MORE® software at a homeschool convention and I am not kidding when I tell you I can't get my son off the computer when he is doing his Spanish lessons. He really enjoys it and I love the full immersion method. The program is so easy to navigate. I saw my friend Rosetta Stone and she was discouraged because setting it up was so complicated and has no grammar that I convinced her to return it and buy mine.