BJU Press Bible Truths (Bob Jones)

IdahoHomeschool

• Reviewed on Saturday, August 30, 2008
  • Grades Used: -
  • Dates used: -

Grace4all

• Reviewed on Monday, April 23, 2007
  • Dates used: 2006-2007
We love BJU third grade Bible! My dd is in second grade, but I decided to start with third grade Bible. There are two reasons I wanted to do this: First, I wanted her to be challenged...and she is! This curriculum really makes her think-it isn't just a fill in the blank. Second, Bob Jones materials are loaded with info! I knew that we would use this over a period of about a year and a half (school calendar) instead of for one school year. This works well, because there are so many activities.

Other reviews have explained the doctrine etc...so I won't do that. I will say though that BJ is fundamental, which I like.

After looking and buying many other Bible study info for kids, this is by far the best I have ever seen. We will be using BJU Bible thru highschool.

razorbackmama

• Reviewed on Tuesday, March 21, 2006
  • Grades Used: K4-1st
  • Dates used: 2002-2006
We LOVE BJU Bible Truths!!! After using it for a year we switched to something else (WHY, I have no idea), and we switched back to BJU because my children had come to dread our Bible time. That was not what I wanted!!!

The teacher's edition is an essential part of the BJU Bible curriculum. I have heard of people just using the worktext and not really caring for the curriculum, and I know why!!! The TE is the "meat" of the curriculum. It is fully scripted and tells you exactly what to say. I love this! The stories are either life application stories or straight from the Bible. (The TE also tells exactly what passage of Scripture the story is taken from if you prefer to just read from the Bible.)

There is a strong emphasis on learning hymns as well, and I LOVE hearing my children going around around the house singing "Trust and Obey" or "Follow On"!

I combine 3 children on one grade level so that we can do it all together. Currently we are using the 1st grade Bible Truths with a 3rd grader, 1st grader, and kindergartener. It would probably be harder to have each child do a separate level since it is so teacher intensive. But I like us all doing Bible together anyway. ;-)

Valerie

• Reviewed on Tuesday, December 28, 2004
  • Grades Used: Two
  • Dates used: 2004
We have just started using Bob Jones Bible and we couldn't be happier with it. It covers a wealth of information and the TE brings the stories to life and practical application with its little extras. I would definately recommend getting the TE with this program.