Noeo Science Chemistry I

gingersmom2

• Reviewed on Monday, May 25, 2009
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2009
I had such high hopes for Noeo Science.

We were using Real science 4 kids which I loved but I was looking for a curriculum that would last all year.

After two weeks of using Noeo Science my son learned nothing and was beginning to hate science.

Real Science 4 Kids has a really nice textbook that is an interesting read.

Noeo Science has you reading 3 pages from this book and then 2 pages from this book and 1 paragraph from this book, etc.

Back to Real Science 4 Kids!!!!

hudge95

• Reviewed on Thursday, June 15, 2006
  • Grades Used: 2nd to 4th
  • Dates used: present 2006
I have been HS for 5 years and this is the most enjoyable science program we have used. We love the living books it uses, the experiments, and the way it is all presented. Moms, you will love the schedule. It's 4 days (15 to 30 min) or you can combine it and do the weeks worth in 2 days. The schedule tells you what book to use, what pages to read, & experiments to do (or you can choose your own out of "Super Science Concoctions") . Your child has a paper that she will summerize the reading, write any important definitions and draw a picture of something from the reading. It is not overwhelming or intimidating at all. It's fun for everyone! If your child hates writing (like my 2nd grader does), I have him orally summerize the reading then I write it down in a shortened version and he recopies it. So far that has been ok with him.
I cannot say enough about the books the program comes with. Nothing dry or boring!
Some are even funny! There is not a TEXTBOOK in the lot! You read entire books or portions of books with this program. Our favorite book so far is "HOW TO SPLIT AN ATOM". Its awsome and the kids are learning so much. We reccommend this highly!