Apologia The Human Body (Advanced Biology)

Keniki

• Reviewed on Friday, December 9, 2016
  • Dates used: 2015-2016
Apologia's Advanced Biology makes college level A&P review. :)

My daughter did this book her senior year (last year). This year she is in college and has just finished A&P 1. Because of this book (and because of the teacher offering extra credit) she is finishing this class with a 100%+ average.

Excellent college prep material!

3brightkids

• Reviewed on Monday, October 17, 2011
  • Grades Used: 9 - 10
  • Dates used: 2000 -
We followed up with Adv Biology after completing Apologia Biology. A great text to study the human anatomy . The lab (purchased all in one, lifesaver !) helped to grasps concepts learned from the text. Enjoyed teaching this material to my kids. Being a science major in college, I know presenting human anatomy can be overwhelming. This course is structured and written for ease of understanding. Children enjoyed the course and elected to continue learning more biology, marine biology.

I will add that my children used all Apologia sciences in the middle school and early high school years. Preformed very well on SAT's and have majored in science in college.

Having obtained 2 science degrees and working on a third 3rd science degree, 25 years later, I can say with the upmost confidence Apologia is the best written text/lab program available for homeschoolers. I did try a few others in my career, but for ease of instruction and materials....you can't beat APOLOGIA.