Unforgettable Languages

Tealetha

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 1, 2006
  • Dates used: September of 2006
We tried the Latin America Spanish program.

I was very disappointed with this program!!!! It is not user friendly! By that I mean, you can not navigate through the program from spot to spot without going from beginning to end of a lesson and then going back to the menu page. We learned some words but not how to put them together in usable sentences. I returned this within the 30-day trial period.

Having said that, they give you no feedback saying that your item was returned. *Poof* and one day it shows up on your bank account.

Yes, it was cheap, $40, but I guess you get what you pay for.

seamstress

• Reviewed on Wednesday, November 23, 2005
  • Grades Used: Italian Level 1
  • Dates used: 2005-2006
This is the best Foreign Language program we have found for Italian! And they not only offer Italian, they offer around twenty other languages as well, including Greek. We plan on getting the French next! :~) My children enjoy it so much and are really learning so much in such a little amount of time.

I initially bought this program for the great price and was pleasantly pleased with the results. For the Italian there are 4 levels ranging around $40.00 per level. They are only available in CD format. This made me apprehensive at first since I don't allow my children to use the computer but the format is so simple and straighforward that there is no room for "wandering." The Author's concept is to lock the language in your memory. For example:

The Italian word for FULL is PIENO
Imagine being so FULL you have to rest on a PIANO

Though this concept is great for some, it may not be for everyone. Not to worry though, because the CD offers so much more. Such as an authentic Italian voice to pronounce each new word or sentence, writing practice, quizzes and end of chapter tests. I have seven children and all but one (the 9 month old ;~) are learning Italian. My 12, 9 and 8 year old work on their Italian lessons independently. My younger three will take turns sitting with one of the older children to listen to the Italian voice and learn right along with them. They repeat the words, and then the older child types in the correct responses. This is done in both Italian and English for a well rounded spelling, writing and speaking experience.

This program is available at www.unforgettablelanguages.com