Midwest Christian Academy

1stTime

• Reviewed on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
  • Grades Used: 2nd-7th
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
Very Sad...I pay $372 Quarterly $1488 plus shipping $20 and every time sending tests back in...for the Books to not be updated and I am just suppose to deal with it...as the secretary stated to me that I am the only one in 15 years to complain about it...that other parents to figure it out and that is what I am suppose to do with it...the book 1069 English which was @2009: where it is saying that there is no abbreviations for for 7 states: Utah (UT), Alaska (AK), Hawaii (HI), Idaho (ID), Iowa (IA), Maine (ME), Ohio (OH)...1963 at least they got their abbreviations...I was told that they have nothing to do with the books they just buy them and hand them out...I let her know you get a parent that doesn't know about this stuff and is buying your books thinking it is updated, because the books are self taught where you need to be there for them to read to their supervisor and then works. I have let them know that we are all year round homeschooling they let me know that is ok, but I recieved a letter in the mail stating that anything I hand in after June 12 which is after that time will be included in the next years progress report...letter is dated June 13th, 2017 after the date to get anything in...let the lady know that I was very frustrated with her...she came back with the feeling is mutual...wow the disrespect then she hung up on me and didn't listen to what they need to do better as a company for their parents that are new at this...I guess you, have been doing this for years and have been trained like a school teacher to figure things out when a book is out dated then all means this might be the place for you....if you are not as smart as this lady thinks I am...then find something better...all you are paying is to do all the work: teaching, checking the work, even keeping your own records... in case mail or they lose something you have to come up with it....so all they do is ship the books which you can get online yourself and send a progress report which you can do yourself like I have been doing...and paying for them to pretty much all you stupid that no other parents has caught anything in the books...I will never come back or pay for this again :( One other thing one of their book I can't not remember which one but it was trying to tell my 2nd grader that heaven is the sky...want to tell you they didn't do anything about that either same responds just sad all together.

Chris Whitfield

• Reviewed on Saturday, November 5, 2005
  • Grades Used: ninth
  • Dates used: first year
We decided,after much prayer and searching,to enroll our son into midwest christian academy. They are a bible based accredited homeschool program and very affordable. Their staff is very friendly and helpful to all our needs as being new to homeschool. As an African American family and as christians, we couldn't have been treated any better. We will soon enroll our younger three sons with them as well.They use the Accelerated Christian Education's P.A.C.E which are basically chapters of text divided into individual workbooks. These are very easy to understand. You can't go wrong and though we are college educated, we don't feel as if we need a degree in chemistry to figure them out.