Streams of Civilization

hunelmm803

• Reviewed on Wednesday, August 15, 2012
  • Dates used: 2012-2013
While I find this book to be a great read, I do not think it is good for a one-year program for high school. I also found that the words and concepts at the beginning of the chapter are in no apparent order and are not highlighted to make it easier to find them. We will keep the books for reference but will be looking for something else to use as our spine.

jillbell

• Reviewed on Saturday, December 3, 2011
  • Dates used: 2010
This book is very well written. it is from the beginning of time, up until the discovery of the new world. It is written in a very readable style. At the beginning of each chapter there is a list of several activity choices to suit any learning style. Things like building models of things you've read about or writing papers. It is a very thorough program without being boring! I reccomend this

Tracy

• Reviewed on Friday, October 28, 2005
  • Grades Used: suggested for grade 9
  • Dates used: 8/05-present
This is yet another quality resource from Christian Liberty Press. It covers world history from 4000 B.C. to the Reformation and discovery of the New World. It is written from a biblical,non-denominational point of view. It is well written, with interesting boxes of information scattered throughout the main text. There are excellent project ideas at the beginning of each chapter that could be assigned at the start as a jumping off point for studies. Tests are available from Christian Liberty Press. The only complaint I would have against this book is that the illustrations are, for the most part, black and white. My daughter does not seem to mind, as she is enjoying it thoroughly.