Key To Fractions

James LeMay

• Reviewed on Monday, October 13, 2008
  • Dates used: 2008
Key to Fractions is a workbook with embedded step-by-step instruction that my son loved to work through. The hand-drawn graphics and hand-lettered font give it a home-made, approachable quality. But make no mistake, it is a thorough, logically arranged presentation of fractions. The real "key" to Key to Fractions is their logical, patient, do-it-yourself approach. My son did all the work, and I only checked it and expanded on certain topics from time to time.

My son understands fractions, and he had a good time. After Key to Fractions, I was so enthusiastic about the approach that I bought all the other available "Key to" books.

Donna C.

• Reviewed on Friday, October 28, 2005
  • Dates used: Fall 2005
My son has struggled with mathematics through middle school. This year we decided to take one concept at a a time and really cover it. Key to Fractions has allowed us to do this. Never before has my son grasped mathematical concepts so easily. As a matter of fact, I've learned a few things myself. This may not be a "complete" mathematics program, but if you wanted to take the time to review and reinforce specific concepts such as fractions, decimals, percents, etc., the Key To.. books are the way to go.