Beautiful Feet Books

PentecostalMom

• Reviewed on Monday, June 13, 2016
  • Grades Used: 1st & 5th
  • Dates used: 2016
Beautiful Feet History of the Horse is a wonderful guide! My first and fifth grade girls have been working on it over the summer. They are bonding and learning so much! Thanks so much, I cannot wait to do the next guide!

Claire M.P.

• Reviewed on Sunday, June 12, 2016
  • Grades Used: 2nd- 3rd
  • Dates used: 2015-2016
We were delighted to discover the D'Aulaire Biographies thanks to Beautiful Feet Books this year, and incorporate them into our Social Studies. I appreciated how the gorgeous artistry drew the children in, and then the stories were so well written that the line between learning and enjoying a good book was, happily, blurred. I see a similarity between sneaking vegetables into the middle of a delicious casserole so that children will eat nutritious food without knowing it's there; if they don't see learning as a chore, but as enjoyable - and what child does not want to have a beautiful story read to them?- then you have accomplished a great first step in making them life-long learners. Thankyou, Beautiful Feet Books! We look forward to using you in the future, as well!

Philangies

• Reviewed on Friday, June 10, 2016
  • Grades Used: K+
  • Dates used: 2015-present
We have enjoyed the early pimary character study. Not only were they fabulous books to read, but it was also an easy, open and go program. It was just what we needed have a good discussion without being overbearing or a lecture on behavior. We are about to start the primary early American study next, but we will probably do it over 2 years as we are already literature heavy. We love all the D'Aulaires books too and use them with our AO curriculum too.

Rnibbelink

• Reviewed on Friday, June 10, 2016
  • Grades Used: 2nd - 6th
  • Dates used: 2015-2016
Beautiful Feet Books has truly changed the way we homeschool. Instead of books and reading aloud being something we struggle to fit in amongst the other core subjects, they have become "the" avenue for learning. I had the privilege of hearing Rea speak on using quality literature to teach and I was encouraged that we could do it. The books they've chosen are stunning and the study guides break the readings down into short, uncomplicated lessons, making it very easy to implement. We began with the Geography through Literature pack using the gorgeous Holling C. Holling books. The beautiful hands-on maps were filled in by the kids and coordinated perfectly with our readings. My kids begged to do the Beautiful Feet lessons. If for that reason alone, I can't speak highly enough about these products! We look forward to using Early American History next!