Beautiful Feet Books

Kristel7

• Reviewed on Thursday, August 3, 2017
  • Grades Used: Mixed
  • Dates used: 2007-2017
My family loves Beautiful Feet books. We ar Continually using the D'Aulaire biographies. They truly add joy to our history studies. Ut can & are read for mere enjoyment. If you would like to hear the story behind this homeschool business check out Wild + Free podcast # 3

aussie11

• Reviewed on Wednesday, August 2, 2017
  • Grades Used: Pre-k-1st
  • Dates used: 2016-2017
Beautiful Feet Books(bfbooks.com) is a wonderful website featuring, previously out of print, quality Literature to help educate your children in a twaddle free way! They have a wonderful online catalog or you can order one for free. The books work well with the Charlotte Mason Homeschooling Method. I have bought many of their character through literature books along with the guide.
The character guide has a list of books for parents to read aloud to their children, it gives some bible verses that go along with the book, it includes a brief summary of the book. I was a little disappointed though because I thought it was lacking in questions that could have led to great conversations because sometimes I can't always come up with my own. There were no general questions to ask and there were no specific questions in the teaching character guide. I would have loved a generic one page set of questions for all the books to go through or a set of questions to go with each book which it didn't have.
I do plan on ordering several of their literature packs in the future. I also love that some of their packs if you own one to three books if you call to order they lower the total!

PentecostalMom

• Reviewed on Monday, June 13, 2016
  • Grades Used: 1st & 5th
  • Dates used: 2016
Beautiful Feet History of the Horse is a wonderful guide! My first and fifth grade girls have been working on it over the summer. They are bonding and learning so much! Thanks so much, I cannot wait to do the next guide!

Claire M.P.

• Reviewed on Sunday, June 12, 2016
  • Grades Used: 2nd- 3rd
  • Dates used: 2015-2016
We were delighted to discover the D'Aulaire Biographies thanks to Beautiful Feet Books this year, and incorporate them into our Social Studies. I appreciated how the gorgeous artistry drew the children in, and then the stories were so well written that the line between learning and enjoying a good book was, happily, blurred. I see a similarity between sneaking vegetables into the middle of a delicious casserole so that children will eat nutritious food without knowing it's there; if they don't see learning as a chore, but as enjoyable - and what child does not want to have a beautiful story read to them?- then you have accomplished a great first step in making them life-long learners. Thankyou, Beautiful Feet Books! We look forward to using you in the future, as well!