Moody Science

Jess McC

• Reviewed on Thursday, November 22, 2007
  • Grades Used: K upwards
  • Dates used: 2007-9
Just wanted to refresh this review (2009). Since the last one, we've got a Newton's Workshop DVD which is very good for an elementary audience. And as for those 'old, dated DVDs', my children put them on again and again - they are drawn to the fact that the content is GODLY. Recommend!

________________________
We live in the UK and find it hard to access Christian educational materials. So I was glad to have this series of DVDs recommended.

Great Christian content... BUT do watch out. We have 2 (Moody Science Adventures). They were made AGES ago (1980!) and feel life public information broadcasts from that time.

I was a bit fed up to be paying quite a lot for them in the UK, don't know about USA. They all appear dated in style, though this doesn't matter so much with the wildlife ones, but when the narrator was showing a 'modern computer' (which filled a room), we fell about laughing. Science needs to be accurate - and because of its age, this wasn't.

In my opinion, it's unfair to package a really old product with modern design on the cover, in DVD format, selling it for the same as a newly made film.

I gather there are more recent ones by Moody. I would get one of those.

Colleen

• Reviewed on Friday, June 17, 2005
  • Grades Used: Elementary
  • Dates used: 2000+
I just had to put in a good word for Moody Science videos. They are enjoyable and informative. They run about 25-30 minutes a piece and cover a lot of different subjects.

Newton Workshop videos are also put out by Moody Science and my children enjoy these as well. They are aimed for a younger audience than the ones mentioned above.

I got both sets from Road to Zion at a really good price.