Alpha Omega Mathematics

Princesslucy

• Reviewed on Thursday, February 23, 2012
  • Dates used: 2000
I had to repeat 6th grade math four times because I never grasped the concept and the a beka book math did not make it easy, then my Mom found out about Alpha Omega and while it wasn't the most easiest it was easier than a beka book and not so overwhelming either so I finally managed to get it

qpsdoll

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 24, 2011
  • Grades Used: 4th and 7th
  • Dates used: 2010-2011
Incredibly disappointing.

At first blush this seemed to be working out okay for us. However, if you are concerned with attaining any sort of national or state standards the Lifepac's just don't meet the criteria. Our kids have always done very well in math, espeically our son who is usually on the high side of his grade level. While considering switching to a different math program we used several of the online placement tests that can found on other popular curriculum websites. We were very disappointed to discover that both our kids are now functioning below grade level, something we have never been faced with. For the first time in 6 years of homeschooling we are going to have to do summer school to try and get them up to their grade level.

I would also mention that if your homeschool group participates in the yearly Standford Acheivement Tests the AOP curriculum, whether it is Lifepac's or Switched on Schoolhouse, does not provide them with the necessary tools to be able to perform well on the test. Several things that were on the SAT were not covered by the AOP books, yet when paralleling them to other programs like Saxon, Saxon books would have covered them.

minthia

• Reviewed on Friday, April 9, 2010
  • Grades Used: 3rd
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
My son struggled with math and we tried a myriad of curriculum. I finally settled on Lifepacs even though I felt it was lacking. He LOVES it! He actually likes to do math now when before is was like pulling teeth to get him to do any math. I plan on using this for him through grade 12. It is pretty simply laid out, and very easy to follow. The Teachers guide is very useful and full of ideas. I didn't think I would like this program but I ended up really liking it.

Rockin' HS

• Reviewed on Monday, March 29, 2010
  • Grades Used: 2nd-5th
  • Dates used: 2006-2010
I have a dd that struggles with math and one that finds it easy. They are both striving on LifePac. We have tried MUS, SOS and R&S. None of them seemed to work for my struggler. She does so well with LifePac that I will never change curriculum again. I use LifePac for math because my girls seem to get it better than any other curriculum we have tried or seen. I love the consumable worksheets! Thank you OAP!!
Also, it is easy for the 'teacher'. Everything is in order in one teacher's book. There are also tips on teaching which is helpful when you don't have a teaching degree.