The WriteGuide Method

Hogan Family

• Reviewed on Thursday, December 19, 2002
  • Dates used: 6 mos.
Very good program - works well even with my unmoviated child.

Susan Camara

• Reviewed on Tuesday, June 27, 2000
  • Grades Used:
  • Dates used: May-June 2000
This is the very best choice we've made so far for writing curriculum, in our four years of homeschooling.

My 13 year old daughter is writing a biography of Edgar Allen Poe right now, using the WriteGuide Piece-By-Piece program.

Using this program, the student chooses any project--biography, memoir, persuasive essay, book review, etc., and for a set fee the student has unlimited correspondence with a writing consultant until the project is finished.

Our writing consultant has been wonderful. He has been guiding her step by step through her assignment. She is learning so much and her writing consultant has been friendly and encouraging.

We've been so impressed with this one project that we signed her up for the Unlimited Piece-by-Piece program--a set fee for a full year's assignments, even a special summer letter writing option.

There are other options:
Workshop, Evaluations, and more, that you can choose from besides the Piece-by-Piece program. There is also a WriteGuide manual that you can purchase to learn how to teach writing using this method.

I highly recommend this program. It's not inexpensive but it's one program that is more than worth its price.