Winston Grammar

StephW

• Reviewed on Friday, March 8, 2013
  • Dates used: 2012
My daughter took the pre-test and missed half of them. I spent 10 minutes going over each lesson and then she used the cards to help her. The cards were very helpful because my daughter has dyslexia and is a right brain learner. She did 2 worksheets per week and was finished in one semester. She took the post-test and got 100% correct. It was a painless way to do English!

wedgeworth

• Reviewed on Sunday, November 11, 2012
  • Dates used: 2012
I have been pleasantly suprised with this grammar curriculum. My daughter is 10yo and in the 5th grade. She is dyslexic and abstract concepts like grammar normally elude her - but she loves this program.

It is very plain - don't expect bells and whistles. But it is also very "hands on" for the visual and tactile learner. Basically, the children have little color cards with clues on them for the parts of speech. Each part of speech in introduced gradually with much repetition. They pull down the cards and put them in order corresponding to each part of speech. Then they "mark" each part of speech on their worksheets.

It sounds quite simple - and it is. All I know is that my daughter likes it and requests to do Grammar first each day. When a child with dyslexia asks to do Grammar, you know you've got a winner of a program!

We are looking forward to using the other 2 levels also.

churchkeys

• Reviewed on Saturday, August 25, 2012
  • Grades Used: Beg & ADv
  • Dates used: 2009-2011
We loved Winston Grammar. My kids learned a lot. We are moving into HS Paces now and they have some gap paces they will have to complete BUT overall they write very well and are ahead of the game in the long run I think. We much prefer the diagramming in the program as opposed to the traditional.

kristensmom

• Reviewed on Tuesday, April 10, 2012
  • Grades Used: end of 3rd-beginner 4th
  • Dates used: 2012
I took a chance and ordered this product after I was drawn to it buy the colored cards that come with it. My daughter has adhd, and learns a lot better if she has something to touch.

The lessons are short but thorough, and are just enough to keep my daughter's attention. She really enjoys going on a "word hunt" with the cards when I give her a practice sentence. The worksheets are not overwhelming, and again gave my daughter a sense of accomplishment easily.

I highly recommend this product to anyone who may be considering this.