Uncle Eric Series

Bookwormmichelle

• Reviewed on Wednesday, July 9, 2008
  • Grades Used: 6th and up
  • Dates used: Since 2004
These are the books I have to hide from my sons so that they don't read them "for fun" before we get to "study" them and discuss them together. Extremely engaging, from a libertarian perspective, so Christian parents will want to discuss the differences between the two perspetives, even when they often "end up" in the same place. These books have sparked more passionate discussions in my home than anything else except Scripture.

April Manier

• Reviewed on Wednesday, April 2, 2008
  • Dates used: 2008
We just started this and we love it. We are fininshing Penny candy. My daughter has begun making comments about things in reference to economics! She really liked the book. It's amazing!
I like this because it's the truth. It's not anti america. It's about economics. How that is working out here in America is what it is. I can't wait to finish these.
My daughter want to work with organizations for human rights in Africa. Understanding the world economy is key to that.

I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH THESE BOOKS!

Jill

• Reviewed on Tuesday, August 26, 2003
  • Grades Used: Jr/Sr High
  • Dates used: 2002/2003
Wow, I've just finished the entire series of these books and I must say it is refreshing to hear the other side of the story. You know, the side nobody wants you to hear.
In response to the review below, Mr. Maybury is up front in his bias and gives a complete list of books where his information was taken from.
If you want to see revisionist history, just open up the History text you were taught with in High School. Those books were written with such a slant you could have slid off of them. (And they didn't warn you of their bias. You had to figure it out for yourself. Unfortunately most Americans haven't.) At least Mr. Maybury is up front about his bias. When was the last time you read a book, or watched the local news channel for that matter, where the author/newscaster told you up front what his bias was? Don't believe everything you hear and read. Research it. Mr. Maybury does a thorough job of this for you.
Before I send my children off to college they will have read this entire series. Like Mr. Maybury says, You won't hear this from anyone else. If you want to understand Economics and how our Government really works then read these books. You won't be disappointed.

bren

• Reviewed on Tuesday, November 12, 2002
  • Grades Used: 9 th
  • Dates used: july -november
I was very disappointed in these books!He interjects his opinion too much and is highly critical of the U.S.A. I love history and have read many, many books on the two world wars and this, in my opinion is revisionist history. He even goes so far as to say that the blame for September 11 is Americas fault! I would not recommend these books for school and use caution when reading.!