Rod & Staff Math

Click for more information about Rod & Staff Math

volfan

• Reviewed on Thursday, November 20, 2014
  • Dates used: 2012-2015
This math curriculum has been great for my daughter. We are still using it and plan too keep using it. It reviews a concept until it is mastered and it is everyday, practical math. This method is really a good fit for my daughter. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a down to earth, no nonsense math curriculum. Also, it's very easy to teach, which is a big plus to me.

MotherDuck

• Reviewed on Tuesday, June 3, 2014
  • Grades Used: 1-6th
  • Dates used: 2007-2014
While we started using Rod and Staff in early elementary, this review is mostly about grades 5 -6. We've tried other programs, honestly, because sometimes R & S gets a little boring after so many years. But each time we end up coming back to Rod and Staff. There is nothing flashy about this curriculum. It's methodical, thorough, practical, and no-nonsense. There's no "new math" or other silliness. I think that even a child who is not naturally gifted at math will at least have a solid foundation with this curriculum. In our case, we've often had to adapt the curriculum, review many many times, or work a little more slowly, but I'm constantly amazed at how thoroughly the books teach concepts. We've tried computer-based programs and other programs, but I always came away with the feeling that my child wasn't really learning. Some children may learn a concept by just doing a few problems, but I think most of us need to do a good many problems before we memorize and then actually learn how to perform certain skills.

Christie M

• Reviewed on Monday, May 12, 2014
  • Dates used: 1992- present
We have used Rod and Staff math for some of our children, not all. :)
This program is very good, especially for teaching mastery in the elementary and secondary grades.

Some of our children have special needs and Rod and Staff has been vital in helping them learn math concepts.

There are fancier programs out there, but they are not as well organized and layed out, as Rod and Staff math.
The teacher books are wonderful!

I like that the children learn to copy work instead of just filling out answers in a consumable work book.
This extra skill is vital!

Our daughter went from using book 7 (1/2 way through) and then entered 9th grade in Public High school where she took Algebra 1. She had always struggled with math.
The background she got with Rod and Staff has made it possible for her to do well in Algebra this year.

Thank you Rod and Staff for your wonderful, faithful service to our family.

wshacademy

• Reviewed on Monday, May 5, 2014
  • Grades Used: 1st and 2nd
  • Dates used: 2013/2014
This is one of the most thorough math curricula on the market. The only thing I have to change for mine is the fact I have to add manipulatives since mine are hands on. I HIGHLY recommend this math program. You will not regret it
12345678910...