A Reason For Handwriting

AK_Mom4

• Reviewed on Saturday, May 9, 2009
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2009
We didn't like A Reason for Writing Level C.
We started out using it daily in the fall, but DD was having alot of trouble figuring out how to form the cursive letters from the examples in the book. And many of the letters were different from the way I made them, so it was a struggle.

We did like the idea behind the book of writing little verses and such, but DD never got that far.

After trying daily for two months, we switched to handwriting Without Tears. We had no trouble figuring out the examples and now at the end of year, she has beautiful cursive writing.

Pretty-In-Pink

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 25, 2009
  • Grades Used: 1st Grade
  • Dates used: 2008-Current
I was really kind of concerned about my daughter's handwriting. She's a young 1st grader (just turned 6 in September) and while she's incredibly advanced in a lot of things, I found her handwriting to be lacking. It didn't seem to match up with where I thought it should be. She could read well, spell well, but when she wrote she was sloppy, some of it was illegible, and she DETESTED the handwriting sheets I made up for her. Then, I got ARFH. She loves the short daily lessons and the best part is the writing of the scripture verse at the end of the week! She gets to pick a friend to send her sheet to every week and she works really hard to make her handwriting nice so that it'll look good when she sends her border sheet to her friend. I've been so impressed with how much her handwriting has improved! I think this book has been key to getting her to put forth a good effort, and it's really paying off!

supermom

• Reviewed on Tuesday, October 21, 2008
  • Grades Used: 2nd
  • Dates used: 2008
Can I just add another rave review?! My daughter's handwriting was terrible. We threw out our ACE curriculum because my daughter was not reading well. I bought this to round out her new Language Arts program and am so glad I did. We purchased "A" and her handwriting had improved a 100 fold after the review lessons. She enjoys the daily practice and loves sending her completed sheets to friends and family. I bought the teacher's manual and it helped immensely - showed how to hold the pencil, sit at the table, and use the tree house for letter placement and size. We will be using "T" transitions next and my 4 year old can't wait to get her hands on the "K" workbook.

Jess McC

• Reviewed on Friday, August 29, 2008
  • Grades Used: K
  • Dates used: 2007-8
I just second all the positive reviews. We've dipped in and out of level A. I thought my daughter was 'past it' - but after a summer break, I realize that you need to keep going over the basics! Advantages - we can get this in the UK from Amazon; it's good quality paper (makes a real difference); scripture quotes (though from Living Bible, so not ideal for us as we use NIV). A great bonus for us is that the daily portions are so small - dd is NOT a perfectionist, so I can insist that the 4 lines she has to write are done well. And the resulting pages are great to put on the wall or give to relatives. Very happy with this.