American School

arizonaphied

• Reviewed on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
  • Grades Used: 10th-12th
  • Dates used: 2015-2017
Do NOT enroll in this school unless you are a rich and extremely self-motivated genius that does not need help with school work. If that is who you are, then this "school" will probably be okay for you. However, if you are like me and most other average teens across America and probably the world, then you will most likely need some help from a teacher from time to time. You will not get that from The American School. Their curriculum is quite advanced, almost college level and for the most part I got good grades (A's and B's), but some subjects I found very difficult. I had to take an algebra course that I really struggled with. Three or four separate times I contacted the email that was given if you needed help with math, every single time, the only help I would get was a terse listing of the pages in the textbook that explained the problem in question and a brief explanation that was even less helpful than the textbook. Another huge problem with the school is that they charge you for every single, little thing that you want to change, and those charges aren't cheap. I had to change an elective that I was having a hard time with and again could get no help with. $100. Just to change a course. I wanted to try simply changing a course to an online one, that would've been $60. Now, I readily admit, I sometimes need things explained to me more than some kids, but only in math and sometimes science, but that's what schools are suppose to be there for and The American School never, in any way, fulfilled that. I, and my both my parents, have been very, very unsatisfied and upset with how the school runs. It's customer service can be rude sometimes and the system itself is archaic. I do not recommend this school in any way! There are much, much better home school options and many of them are free. I have thrown close to $2000 down the drain for an education that stifled my creativity, didn't help me with courses I found very difficult, and frankly, made me depressed and stressed out. Please, please consider these facts if you're thinking of enrolling in this school. I can say, without hesitation, choosing this for my last couple years of high school was the worst mistake I ever made!

Coyzter

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 11, 2015
  • Grades Used: 10-11th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
Please do your research and stay far away from this organization. I specifically do not call them a school. My Daughter attended the "organization" for her Sophomore and part of her Junior year. She realized how much she missed the social aspect of going to public school. When we informed them we would no longer be taking their courses, they literally held my daughters transcripts ransom. We had paid them $500 but they wont release a SINGLE, (I'm not asking for all) class transcript unless paid another $600. Not only that, but upon reentering public school, the "education" she had been receiving from them was found to be so sub par my daughter had to take 9th grade classes to catch up. They are not educators, just money collectors. Their customer service is non existent, including their "Principal". They also go to great extents to delete any negative comments. If you truly value your child's educations, please look elsewhere.

UPDATE!!! Not only is the school scam, but so are their accreditations! Try contacing them and all you will get are dead emails. !! Try reaching anybody at MSA-CESS! All bogus emails!
Straight from Amecrican Schools website!! http://www.msa-cess.org/RelId/606483/ISvars/default/Contact_Us.htm

CMB97

• Reviewed on Tuesday, December 2, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I am 17 years old and enrolled in American high school. I dropped out of my local high school half way through junior year. They had nothing but problems getting my transcripts. So if your wondering whether or not to sign up for this school here's my experience. They put me in Physical Science B, English ll B, and algebra 1. AFTER completing those courses they say i have to now complete Physical Science A, and English 11 A.
The courses are bland, there is not one test for Physical science its all just definitions, it feels like busywork. Going through the courses there are links to other information and pages, some of which require you to answers questions on the link. Well in my time here I have not found a signal link that works. I told them through messages and unanswered questions on the work sheets but they seem not to care.
After you turn in an assignment it will take about 4-5 days for a grade to show up. So I will be transferring out of this school, we payed about $900 for the semester. Just to be clear on which high school it is the link is below. Do not waste your money, I have had nothing but problems with this school.

pattib845

• Reviewed on Saturday, October 4, 2014
  • Grades Used: 9th grade
  • Dates used: 2014
Hello, new here, please excuse my confusion. The "American School" you are referring to, is it the online "myamericanhighschool" or a different school, can anyone share a link for it, thank you