American School

Coyzter

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 11, 2015
  • Grades Used: 10-11th
  • Dates used: 2013-2014
Please do your research and stay far away from this organization. I specifically do not call them a school. My Daughter attended the "organization" for her Sophomore and part of her Junior year. She realized how much she missed the social aspect of going to public school. When we informed them we would no longer be taking their courses, they literally held my daughters transcripts ransom. We had paid them $500 but they wont release a SINGLE, (I'm not asking for all) class transcript unless paid another $600. Not only that, but upon reentering public school, the "education" she had been receiving from them was found to be so sub par my daughter had to take 9th grade classes to catch up. They are not educators, just money collectors. Their customer service is non existent, including their "Principal". They also go to great extents to delete any negative comments. If you truly value your child's educations, please look elsewhere.

UPDATE!!! Not only is the school scam, but so are their accreditations! Try contacing them and all you will get are dead emails. !! Try reaching anybody at MSA-CESS! All bogus emails!
Straight from Amecrican Schools website!! http://www.msa-cess.org/RelId/606483/ISvars/default/Contact_Us.htm

CMB97

• Reviewed on Tuesday, December 2, 2014
  • Dates used: 2014
I am 17 years old and enrolled in American high school. I dropped out of my local high school half way through junior year. They had nothing but problems getting my transcripts. So if your wondering whether or not to sign up for this school here's my experience. They put me in Physical Science B, English ll B, and algebra 1. AFTER completing those courses they say i have to now complete Physical Science A, and English 11 A.
The courses are bland, there is not one test for Physical science its all just definitions, it feels like busywork. Going through the courses there are links to other information and pages, some of which require you to answers questions on the link. Well in my time here I have not found a signal link that works. I told them through messages and unanswered questions on the work sheets but they seem not to care.
After you turn in an assignment it will take about 4-5 days for a grade to show up. So I will be transferring out of this school, we payed about $900 for the semester. Just to be clear on which high school it is the link is below. Do not waste your money, I have had nothing but problems with this school.

pattib845

• Reviewed on Saturday, October 4, 2014
  • Grades Used: 9th grade
  • Dates used: 2014
Hello, new here, please excuse my confusion. The "American School" you are referring to, is it the online "myamericanhighschool" or a different school, can anyone share a link for it, thank you

terriveganmom

• Reviewed on Saturday, April 14, 2012
  • Dates used: 2008-2012
My parents moved to a rural area when I was in high school in the 1970's. I was a very mature and academically advanced student and we were disappointed in the "hick town" high school (we had moved to be near grandparents) so I began researching correspondence schools so to find an accredited program where I could study on my own. I chose American School when I was 15 because I noticed Donny and Marie Osmond and other entertainers my own age were using it and it was fully accredited by the same agencies that accredit regular high schools and colleges. I was amazed at how super simple it was to do 4 years of work in a year.

Fast forward to now. I have been homeschooling my daughter and using American School as a side dish to get an accredited diploma. It is so easy it is pitiful. This is for kids who don't need or want any academic challenge at all. She has done the American School curriculum in her spare time from doing the much more advanced work I have developed for her. I went to college and graduate school and I am a homeschool consultant and teach parents how to homeschool and offer many classes and activities for homeschooled kids from preschool to and including college.

The texts are so easy, my daughter would be bored if this was it. The general science text is dry as dust and tries to ram all of science into one course in a text the school wrote with no color photos and very few details. The math is a joke. The "health and physiology" is a kiddie book on abstinence . All in all, go with American School if you want an accredited diploma but do continue to homeschool with much more challenging work than this. This is "high school lite" to be sure.