Brighter Vision Learning Adventures

butterball120

• Reviewed on Thursday, June 25, 2009
  • Grades Used: preschool
  • Dates used: 2008
The content from brighter vision is good, but their customer service is absolutely horrific. I didn't receive the shipments when I should have, then I got charged for shipments I didn't receive, and on top of it all, when I call them to bring it to their attention, their customer service rep was very rude. This is a company I'd rather not deal with at all. There are too many other options for educational material to have to deal with this.

Esther

• Reviewed on Thursday, July 17, 2008
  • Grades Used: Preschool
  • Dates used: 2008
We received a few of these packages in the mail. My son was thrilled to receive them! The included a hardcover book, an activity book, and a craft of some type.

There were really only two problems we had. One is that the workbooks went from being WAY too easy to too hard with nothing in between. The second problem being the price. I was paying nearly $18 per shipment. To me, it wasn't worth it.

mchllshrms

• Reviewed on Friday, November 23, 2007
  • Grades Used: Pre-K
  • Dates used: 2004-2006
I really liked this curriculum with the young ones because everything comes in the box: the workbook, a book to keep, a cd of songs, theme stickers, and a craft. I have five children and have used it at various times with a one year old, two year old, three year old, and a five year old. All the children really loved it when their "package" came in the mail and could hardly wait to tear into it. I liked that each box had a theme and all the materials needed for the craft which was nice. I also believe that it is something nice to use when the little ones just want to do "school" like big brother or sister. The workbooks use very simple, and I feel, age appropriate activities for the one and two year olds. As they get older, the activities also progress in difficulty. I recommend this curriculum for families just starting to homeschool with a young child and want to make sure that all the basics will be covered (i.e. colors, shapes, opposites, etc.) I do feel, however, that with large families, it may get expensive, especially if you have several small children, as I do. That $14.99 per box adds up quickly.

mom2redheadgirls

• Reviewed on Thursday, September 6, 2007
  • Grades Used: prek
  • Dates used: Feb.2007-now
I think the workbooks are great for my 3.5yo. We use them when her older sisters are doing school work. It is simple but it is helping her learn a little while she has fun being a big girl. Some of the extra activites were a pig mask & snout and wolf mask & mouth to play pretend with. Even my 6 and 7 yo enjoyed playing with them! Plus you get a book, gel pen and extra stickers. It is a good price for what you get.