About Three Preschool Workbooks

JenniferB

• Reviewed on Friday, December 20, 2013
  • Grades Used: PreK 4
  • Dates used: 2013
Our family has never been fond of official preschool (and worst of all...workbooks for preschool - pooh pooh), but when my 4-yo (almost 5) begged for school like her sisters, we purchased this series of books from CLE for her.

She LOVED them to pieces. Her very own workbooks! She finished them and moved onto the Rod and Staff preschool books soon after finishing this introductory series. She's now 5.5 and working on CLE's KII and it's going very well.

Now I'm somewhat regretting not doing much formal preschool and K with my other children. They did start trying to print on their own ANYWAY (even when we tried to delay academics purposefully) and developed some poor stroke direction habits that I am STILL trying to correct in my oldest two. We'll follow this pattern with our younger children as well.

Just enough workbook to keep them happy and to establish some early correct habits, not enough to overwhelm. Very nice, open and go, no complicated planning (a must for us!)

AtHomeForMyKids

• Reviewed on Friday, August 5, 2011
  • Grades Used: Preschool- About Three :)
  • Dates used: currently
Love each and one of the workbooks!!! Very afforable!! My older son loves it! I use it as a supplement; extra activity for him. And because it is black and white it gives him a chance to color the pictures after. Is a great start for three yrs old i highly reccomended!

CindyLou

• Reviewed on Saturday, January 3, 2009
  • Grades Used: Pre-K (4 year old)
  • Dates used: Summer/Fall 2008
I supplemented my chidlren's Pre-K curriculum with these workbooks - dd flew through them often finishing an entire workbook in one day (so we went on to the R&S workbooks, then Kumon, and Critical Thinking). My son took more time with his (I didn't push but offered them when he asked to do "more school").

I love these sweet workbooks - could have easily started them when they were "about three". Very affordable, too!

Just a suggestion - START with these before going on to more colorful workbooks. I loved the simplicity of these workbooks - especially for children just starting out (3 & 4 years old). But it seemed once they went to the bright colored workbooks, these weren't as interesting. I'd have them color the pictures when possible, but it wasn't the same!

mj7477

• Reviewed on Friday, June 20, 2008
  • Grades Used: PreK
  • Dates used: 2008
My boys did these books this last winter at ages 4 and 3. They really seemed to enjoy them. The 4 yr. old did seem to get a little bored with them towards the end.....but not too bad.

All in all we enjoyed this little set and I do plan on doing them with my younger son as well.