Edu-Track Record Keeping Software

kjamison

• Reviewed on Tuesday, February 28, 2012
  • Grades Used: 3rd, 6th, 8th, 12th
  • Dates used: 2010-2012
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I've been using Edu-Track for 2 years and just wanted to take the time to let those looking for a wonderful way to be organized that Edu-Track has worked miracles for me. I bought Edu-Track for the amazing transcript for my graduating oldest (and he was accepted into college with flying colors thanks to the transcript that I made with Edu-Track!!!), but last year I started using the lesson feature for my other three. I purchased a few of their downloadable lesson plans for 99 cents, but for most of their courses I created a daily lesson myself. It took me a few days to complete, but last year was breeze as I simply printed each child a daily lesson plan and had them check off each lesson as they completed. Having them work more independent with Edu-Track's lessons freed up far more of my time than it took me to create the schedule! My children loved having the listings, and they certainly feel that we are taking their studies more seriously and are even now learning more. I also use the super cute chore chart system for my youngest...she loves it!

I highly recommend this software for anyone that home schools that wants to be more organized and professional looking. I looked around at other software products, but none offered the professionalism and features that Edu-Track gives you. I sent in a couple of emails asking some questions and received a detailed response the same day! Now you don't see that kind of service very often!

sgresmen

• Reviewed on Monday, February 6, 2012
  • Dates used: 2011-2012
I was burned by another tracker product, but thought I'd give Edu-Track a try based on a few other friends that were happily using this software for their homeschool. I spent $59, received my CD, and was very surprised (and happy!) on how easy the program was to setup and use. I asked for my registration the same day and received an email with my code to enter an hour later. I spent $11 more dollars to download the lesson plans for the curriculum I was using, and a few minutes later had my lesson plans setup for the entire year! I did email for help for a question I had about changing the plan after I loaded it, and was surprised to get an answer back just 20 minutes later! Talking about great customer support! I would highly recommend this software for anyone who wants an organized homeschool with GREAT records! Thank you Edu-Track!

sbaloue

• Reviewed on Thursday, January 12, 2012
  • Grades Used: 8th Grade
  • Dates used: 2010
I too tried to use this program. Talk about confusing. I couldn't make heads or tails out of it. First, the code! What is that? I had my husband help me BUT it was still too confusing and burdensome. This is the biggest waste of money ever. I could not produce ONE document.

My oldest son is in 9th grade and I purchased this a couple of years ago "to get a jump" on high school transcripts. I have had to purchase other resources to get started. This program seems to be for a computer system that doesn't even exist anymore.

coffee25

• Reviewed on Wednesday, January 11, 2012
  • Grades Used: k-8
  • Dates used: 2011
I purchased this software because I figured I had "nothing to lose." I not only lost my money, but I also lost a LOT of my time trying to get this program to work. When I bought this program a couple months ago, my husband warned me that the salesman's promises appeared to be too good to be true, but what can you lose when they have a money back guarantee? Like the other reviewers here, I also discovered that the money back guarantee is not a reality. Think you are going to get your credit card company to stand behind you? Edutrack has a form letter that they are happy to shoot off to your credit card company. Maybe I'm gullible, but who expects to be swindled at a Christian Homeschool Conference? If you decide to purchase this software let me warn you of a few things: The promised downloadable lesson plans...cost extra money and they do not necessarily correspond with your curriculum. The lesson plans are written by other parents, not by the company that sells you your curriculum. The money back guarantee...doesn't exist. The "updates"...are not. This program is very outdated with the exception of the fact that, as I found out, your registration code can and will be turned off if you call customer support too many times. (Not that you are going to reach customer service the first, second, or third time you call.) This program is NOT easy to use. I am very computer literate, but I could not for the life of me get this to be useful. By the way when I mentioned that I would leave a review on this site, the owner threatened me with a harassment suit. Nice tactic to ensure only positive reviews.