Pathway Readers

melissasb

• Reviewed on Thursday, March 21, 2013
  • Grades Used: 1st
  • Dates used: 2013
I used this grade 1 red book and wkbk as a supplement to saxon phonics 1st grade because my son hated their readers. He loves pathway. This book gave him confidence in what he was learning in phonics. The wkbk is a little writing intensive but we got through it. I probably wont do the 1st workbook as much with my second son. We will be doing the rest of first, second, and third grade readers. The repeating words is hard for me to listen to in the first couple of stories but once you get half way through the book and it isn't as bad. Plus the accomplished look on my sons face was worth it. He needed to see the fruit of his phonics work.

3brightkids

• Reviewed on Monday, October 17, 2011
  • Grades Used: pre-K - 2
  • Dates used: 2000 - 2002
Used this program in addition to Pathway Phonics. Enjoyed the format for teaching the young kids in english and reading. 8 book system was mastered early in elementary so my recommendation is to find an alternative reading/grammar system for the later elementary years. We utilized the McGuffey Readers and Harvey's Grammar.

Recommend program for introduction to language arts in the early elementary years.

Rae

• Reviewed on Sunday, March 20, 2011
  • Grades Used: K - 2nd
  • Dates used: 2006-2008
My daughter and I loved these readers and workbooks. My only complaint were the TMs. I had a difficult time explaining certain concepts of phonics using these, and in one of the 2nd grade books, my husband and I searched for a long time to find the teaching tools to teach a certain concept and it just wasn't there.

I highly recommend the readers and the workbooks, but the TM was very lacking for us.

brandyrc22

• Reviewed on Sunday, January 17, 2010
  • Grades Used: 1st (6yrs)
  • Dates used: 2009-2010
Over th summer I was searching for curric. to use in our first year of homeschooling we were on a budget so there was not alot of money to go around. My dd learned to read somewhat in K5 ps but had not developed a love for reading. I tried to make her read over the summer with no luck. I came across these lessons and was caught by the price (very cheap) I ordered only the first book and the TM and workbook to try it out (I have to say I was not expecting a good curric. because of the cheap price). I was surprised, we both love the readers.Shw also enjoys the simple com.worksheets, they use the new words she has learned and parts of the story to check understanding of what was read.
We did not have to worry about worldly views and inapropiate content that would go against what I am trying to teach my children. The best part is now my dd loves when it is reading time. She is also now reading for fun and has started on simple chapter books. We have put in our order for the 2nd grade lessons already.