Meet the Masters @ Home

hudge95

• Reviewed on Tuesday, May 17, 2011
  • Grades Used: elementary
  • Dates used: 2006-08
We used MTM a few years ago when it used to come on CD-Rom with a script. We all really enjoyed it. The artists lives were presented in interesting ways. The instructions for the projects were well explained and the projects themselves turned out nicely, even for those of us with *limited* artistic ability! That was the great part!

We will be purchasing MTM again this year and can't wait to get started. It is no longer on CD-Rom but online, so that's cool! The only reason we had to skip a couple of years was my dh lost his job and money was very tight. I simply had to cut most of my homeschool budget. Anyway, check out www.homeschoolbuyerscoop.com for discounts on this curriculum and more. I can't recommend MTM enough. It's well worth your time and money.

339homeschool

• Reviewed on Monday, July 21, 2008
  • Grades Used: 1st and 3rd
  • Dates used: 2007-2008
I have mixed feelings about this curriculum. On one hand, it's well organized and simple to use, even to the point of scripting what to say. It required no preparation, other than gathering supplies and setting up the disk in the computer.

On the other hand, it's very expensive for such a simple program. To my surprise, the CD, contained only images of the artist's work. I guess I expected a tutorial or walk through the curriculum. I felt we would have been better served with printed copies of the artwork. The details were difficult to see on the computer screen.

Overall, I felt this was too expensive for the knowledge we gained. We don't plan to continue with the next level.

Cristal Conklin

• Reviewed on Friday, December 7, 2007
  • Grades Used: 5th grade
  • Dates used: Still waiting to use
My order came to me missing quite a few of the essential supplies needed to teach this program at home. I ordered the extra art supplies so that we would have all of the essentials to get started
(I paid close to $100 for this program). To my disappointment, after sending 3 e-mails and speaking to a rep., I still have not gotten a response from them. I would love to be able to recommend this program, but are unable to do so at this time b/c of this.

Jackie

• Reviewed on Wednesday, July 16, 2003
  • Dates used:
My 7th grader and I really enjoyed this program. Your child will learn techniques used by the masters and mimic them to create art. The biography section was a little juvenile for my son, so I had to skip over some of the script, but it was still informative. It comes with a CD-rom that includes art work, narration,and quizzes. Since the instruction is lead by demonstration, we both ended up with great portfolios!